Download.com

Jon

• Administrators

I just noticed that the listing for AutoIt that I put on download.com sends virtually no traffic to the site (~800 downloads a day and only about 30 from download.com). It was the same with AutoIt v2 when that used to have a listing. Odd, but whatever.

Could I ask that people add reviews (be nice or i'll sulk!) to the entry to see if that is the reason for the lack of traffic. According to my weblogs most people find AutoIt via search engines and the freeware sites but it can't hurt to give download.com a prod as well. I'm quite interested to see if the lack of reviews affects things this much.

The link to add reviews is at http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10266756.html?tag=lst-0-1

There is a link at the bottom of the page.

Cheers.

J

• Developers

Could I ask that people add reviews (be nice or i'll sulk!) to the entry to see if that is the reason for the lack of traffic.  According to my weblogs most people find AutoIt via search engines and the freeware sites but it can't hurt to give download.com a prod as well.  I'm quite interested to see if the lack of reviews affects things this much.

:huh2: Its a bit strange to see a software package made available on March 4 and then see 7 reviews all on April 30 and all ThumbsUp (and lots of red dots too :D )....

Could this wave of interest be a coincidence ? :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I just noticed that the listing for AutoIt that I put on download.com sends virtually no traffic to the site (~800 downloads a day and only about 30 from download.com).  It was the same with AutoIt v2 when that used to have a listing.  Odd, but whatever.

Could I ask that people add reviews (be nice or i'll sulk!) to the entry to see if that is the reason for the lack of traffic.  According to my weblogs most people find AutoIt via search engines and the freeware sites but it can't hurt to give download.com a prod as well.  I'm quite interested to see if the lack of reviews affects things this much.

The link to add reviews is at http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10266756.html?tag=lst-0-1

There is a link at the bottom of the page.

Cheers.

J

Hi Jon,

Can you edit your Minimum Requirements listing? "Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server"

Even though you mention 4 OSes for which there is no "Server" version, I can see how people could think a "server" is required. (Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Desktop or Server) would hopefully nail it.

Gene :D

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

• Administrators

Hi Jon,

Can you edit your Minimum Requirements listing? "Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server"

Even though you mention 4 OSes for which there is no "Server" version, I can see how people could think a "server" is required.  (Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Desktop or Server) would hopefully nail it.

Gene :D

It's hard-coded by CNET, you just get a list of boxes to tick when you submit.

And what is 2003 Desktop? :huh2:

you can! Just make a script that delete the registry keys that should uninstall useful stuff...

I'm with you on that one...

Uh?!? To make a review I have to register? No way.

What ?