Send keys to minimized window

sorry, today has kind of sucked for me and i never got around to writing the COM solution, still going to work on it before i take off for the day though

ok, this is tested on my machines. depending on your macro security settings, you may receive a warning that an external program is attempting to access your folders, etc, that can be removed by adjusting the security level at your discretion. Beta is required

$ol = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
If IsObj($ol) Then
    $nsp = $ol.Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    If IsObj($nsp) Then
    $sycs = $nsp.SyncObjects
    For $x = 1 To $sycs.count
        $syc = $sycs.Item ($x)
        $syncit = MsgBox(4, "blah", "Syncronize " & $syc.name)
        If $syncit = 6 Then $syc.start
        Next
    EndIf
EndIf

ok, this is tested on my machines. depending on your macro security settings, you may receive a warning that an external program is attempting to access your folders, etc, that can be removed by adjusting the security level at your discretion. Beta is required

Thanks for taking this a step further with the code you released. I was able to learn from it. =)

Thanks for taking this a step further with the code you released. I was able to learn from it. =)

always glad to help. i'm thinking of making an outlook.au3 udf but not sure when i'll actually get around to it. i want to make it so that anyone could use it to control outlook as thoroughly as dale's ie.au3 helps out with IE, so it will probably be a little while in the making.

• 1 year later...
  • Developers

This works fine for me :

Run("notepad","",@SW_HIDE)
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", "This Text Should Be Highlighted But Its Not...:({Home}{ShiftDown}{End}{ShiftUp}")
WinSetState("Untitled - Notepad","",@SW_SHOW)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm still using 3.2.4.9 last time I upgraded I had some mysterious problems with my old scripts that I didn't want to try to track down. It seems it may be time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade. Thanks for checking that for me. Would it be safer to get the latest public release for work use or is the beta generally stable enough?

*Edit* Also where would I find the change log for new autoit versions?

Edited by Skizmata

AutoIt changed my life.