SCRIPT AFTER REBOOT

if you send someone a script they open it just say it makes them reboot and then when they log back on to windows / linux etc.. could you have the script turn its self back on without them clicking on it :)

[color=#FF0000][b] COMPUTERS ARE MADE OF NUMBERS SUCH AS 1010101110010101010101 AND SCRIPTING IS THE KEY TO THE DOOR door=101010101010101 and so on and the the key=scripting

• Developers

if you send someone a script they open it just say it makes them reboot and then when they log back on to windows / linux etc.. could you have the script turn its self back on without them clicking on it :)

What is this today ? "lets post in Chat in stead of Support day"

Moving it...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Windows Xp has en regestry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce.

Don't know if linux got that 2 but maybe this could help you.

Linux /etc/rc0.d rc0.1 and so on -> but useless if the script is in autoit ;p

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

httpwww.autoitscript.comforumindex.phpshowforum=2 Help and scripting advice for AutoIt v3. umm i think ur in the wrong room jdeb im new here but yet i still think i have to disagree

[color=#FF0000][b] COMPUTERS ARE MADE OF NUMBERS SUCH AS 1010101110010101010101 AND SCRIPTING IS THE KEY TO THE DOOR door=101010101010101 and so on and the the key=scripting

madboy would you happen to know how i would go about making the script

Well you didn't realy stated what you want to do. Both registry keys can be used for starting script on start of system

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce --> will run the script once HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run --> will run the script every restart

You have to add the regkey with RegWrite (read help file).

As for Linux you gotta create link to file you wanna have started in /etc/rc0.d or rc1.d rc2.d which looks like S93<name_of your_script> but i seriously doubt you can achieve that. And i am not realy sure if your intensions about making script are "pure".

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Well you didn't realy stated what you want to do. Both registry keys can be used for starting script on start of system

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce --> will run the script once

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run --> will run the script every restart

You have to add the regkey with RegWrite (read help file).

As for Linux you gotta create link to file you wanna have started in /etc/rc0.d or rc1.d rc2.d which looks like S93<name_of your_script> but i seriously doubt you can achieve that. And i am not realy sure if your intensions about making script are "pure".

well in my script i typed ;regwrite HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

do i add anything esle after currentversion and do i have to label my microsoft my windows and my currentversion of windows thanks :)

well in my script i typed ;regwrite HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARÉ\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

do i add anything esle after currentversion and do i have to label my microsoft my windows and my currentversion of windows thanks :)

i don't trust you man!

what do you want to make?

first you ask for an selfstarting zip file, then for sth like a keylogger and now how to autostart it every reboot?

Edited by GrungeRocker

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]

im just making scripts and thoses are the main ones i want to learn and its not a keylogger just keeps track of things on my pc

Edited by THESCRIPTERIST

Lets see, you want to make a program that logs every key and saves it to a text file so that you can know all your "friends" passwords to d2 (I would link to your post, but I forgot to quote you and you edited it), you want it to startup after reboot, and you want it to automatically unzip itself so when you give it to your friends (because this type of thing obviously doesn't stay at home), they'll have a bunch of logged junk on their computer too.

Not gonna happen.

no its not a keylogger i want it just to want to turn it it to two things one is to key watch of people on my pc because i let two people on it and the second reason i was going to use same script for a spelling mistake fixer say you type gump then the box will say gump then it will say did you mean jump

no its not a keylogger i want it just to want to turn it it to two things one is to key watch of people on my pc because i let two people on it and the second reason i was going to use same script for a spelling mistake fixer say you type gump then the box will say gump then it will say did you mean jump

could you create a shortcut to (assuming windows)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

instead of making a registry change?

THESCRIPTERIST: You are fast becoming someone that is asking the wrong questions!

You probably won't find help here for doing nasty stuff. You can plead all you like that it is for innocent fun, but when the anti-badware vendors keep adding AutoIT to their list of things to scrub and my carefully crafted and widely deployed utilities all automagically vanish overnight, I look for somebody to blame. Your actions place you high on my list.

If you were actually knowledgeable (and not as I suspect a wannabe skript kiddie), you would know that Windows has security logging that you could turn on to keep track of what you need. A spell checker seems like a lot of work, especially as there are already numerous ones out there (even ones that integrate with these very forums here) that have already solved your problem.

Unfortunately you appear to have got a lot of people offside, and it will probably be best you do a bit more research yourself instead of asking people to change your nappies. Read the help file first (all the way through would be a good start) and search for your solutions, both here on the forums, in the sample scripts, and on the Net - you are not the first to have stumbled across these.

• Moderators

You probably won't find help here

Unfortunately you appear to have got a lot of people offside

I resemble those remarks...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

you would know that Windows has security logging that you could turn on to keep track of what you need

how would i go about doing that