GUI builder question..quesionS

iHonda

if i make a gui in GUI builder in SciTe. how to i put text on to it??, also how do i get the buttons to do stuff like read a certain part of the script or wut not?? is there a way to have a input window on ur GUI for the user to type a message and hit a button and email the message to you?? i have a lot more questions but ill ask them later after i get answers to these

A great place to start Autoit 1-2-3

• Moderators

if i make a gui in GUI builder in SciTe. how to i put text on to it??, also how do i get the buttons to do stuff like read a certain part of the script or wut not?? is there a way to have a input window on ur GUI for the user to type a message and hit a button and email the message to you?? i have a lot more questions but ill ask them later after i get answers to these

1st Question: I would suggest reading the help file, and looking at GUICtrlCreateLabel() there.

2nd Question: I would suggest reading the help file, and looking at GUICtrlCreateButton() there.

3rd Question: I would suggest reading the help file, and maybe looking at _InetMail().

So overall... I would suggest reading the help file before posting any other questions, because obviously the answers are there :) .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ive got version 3 or w/e its called

EDIT:

ok i found it but it doesnt say anything about sending emails from the GUI all it says is that it opens the default mail client with the address and body and stuff

Edited by Zmaster

A great place to start Autoit 1-2-3

• Moderators

ive got version 3 or w/e its called

EDIT:

ok i found it but it doesnt say anything about sending emails from the GUI all it says is that it opens the default mail client with the address and body and stuff

There are some email scripts in the scripts and scraps forum... figure out the GUI information, then look at the those to see how you could impliment them. I read your post about you being happy that everyone was re-writing your scripts and you liked that because you "didn't have to figure them out", I'm making sure I don't so you "have to figure it out".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.