Run() fails, lots of other problems...

ConsoleWrite("Step 1" & @LF)
Run("C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe");Succeeds

FileWrite("C:\Program", "");Creates a file named "Program"

ConsoleWrite("Step 2" & @LF)
Run("C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe");Fails

If you installed AutoIt 3 in C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\, something VERY BAD happens after you run that script:

• Some menu commands, for example Go & Beta Run, lose effectiveness in SciTE.
  • A window pops up which says "xxxx is not a valid win32 application" when you right click a .au3 file and choose Run Script.
  • Other terrible things...
I've suffered a lot from the GOD D*MN file C:\Program. You might want to delete it before it drives you mad, if necessary. Edited by CatchFish

Wrapping single quotes may help to keep AutoIt from failing with the space in Program Files.

Run('"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"')

Why M$ has spaces in key folders is beyond me. The statement of Program in the root of drive is a known issue of old. I have seen some installers warn over using that. It is bad karma indeed.

Why M$ has spaces in key folders is beyond me. The statement of Program in the root of drive is a known issue of old. I have seen some installers warn over using that. It is bad karma indeed.

I read that it was a way to force programmers to deal with long file names when Windows 95 was introduced. It is annoying though.
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!