Choose last line in a .txt file to add a entry ?

tobi

Hi everybody !

I am trying to add one entry to the services file in C:\...\system32\drivers\etc .

i open this file with notepad and i use the send command to add some more lines.

my problem is that i cant find out how add my lines behind the existing lines...

Here is the code i use:

RunAsSet ( "administrator",@Computername, "****", 1 )

Run( "Notepad.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services", "C:\Windows", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

WinWaitActive("services - Notepad")

Send("bla bla bla")

WinClose("services - Notepad")

WinWaitActive("Notepad")

Send("!n")

RunAsSet ()

I also tried it with FileWriteLine and then it automatically adds my stuff at the end of the existing lines. But i couldnt use this script with RunAsSet, which is requiered.

have anyone some ideas to help me ?

Thx in advance

br, Tobi

Hi everybody !

I am trying to add one entry to the services file in C:\...\system32\drivers\etc .

i open this file with notepad and i use the send command to add some more lines.

my problem is that i cant find out how add my lines behind the existing lines...

Here is the code i use:

Run( "Notepad.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services", "C:\Windows", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Send("bla bla bla")

WinWaitActive("Notepad")

Send("!n")

RunAsSet ()

I also tried it with FileWriteLine and then it automatically adds my stuff at the end of the existing lines. But i couldnt use this script with RunAsSet, which is requiered.

have anyone some ideas to help me ?

Thx in advance

br, Tobi

Try

Send("^{END}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("bla bla bla")
WinWaitActive("Notepad")
Send("!n") 
RunAsSet ()

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Developers

What about doing it without the need for Notepad:

Run(@comspec & " /c ECHO bla bla bla >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services", "C:\Windows", @SW_HIDE)
RunAsSet ()

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

This worked for me:

RunAsSet( "administrator",@Computername, "****", 1 )
FileWriteLine(@SystemDir & '\drivers\etc\services', 'Testing---------------------------------------')
TestTheory()
RunAsSet()

Func TestTheory()
    Run( "Notepad.exe " & @SystemDir & "\drivers\etc\services", "C:\Windows", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

In the latest beta, there's a UDF of mine called _FileWriteToLine, that's probably what you're lookin for.

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• Moderators

In the latest beta, there's a UDF of mine called _FileWriteToLine, that's probably what you're lookin for.

~cdkid

You don't need a UDF, it's a one liner.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

ooohhh... your in the beta... way to go cdkid

8)

I didn't comprehend that!! WTG!! (P.S., I did like the UDF)

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• Developers

Seems your are all missing the issue that the OP needs elivated rights to do this, at least that what I assume since there is a RunASSet() in the original post.

Thats why I proposed the one-liner using Run().

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)