Loop Question

Aloha,

I am trying to write a script to start a defrag program, close popup, defrag c: hdd and d: hdd, and then close the program. So far the program starts, closes the popup, defrags the c: hdd but now I want it to continue with the d: hdd and then close the program. The first four lines of the script works ok but what do I add on line 5 & 9 to let the program run the defrag. until it is completed?. After the defrag is completed with C:, a popup comes up that I will close with line 6 and continue on to the D: drive but am stuck on what to add in line 5 & 6 so defrag will not just zip by. Do I use a loop? How do I stop the loop after the defrag is completed? TIA

; This script is to start Diskeeper and defrag the C & D Hdd and to close the program. 3-12-06 using Autoitv3.

; -------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) runwait (@comspec & " /c start dklite.msc")

2) Sleep (1000)

3) WinClose ("Diskeeper Lite")

4) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","Defragment Now",8101,"",1)

5)

6) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Completed", "&OK",1,"",1) ;Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of C.

7) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","",12785,"",1) ;Changes to D drive.

8) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","Defragment Now",8101,"",1) ;Start Defrag on C.

9)

10) ControlClick ("Defragmentation Completed","OK",1,"",1) ;Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of D.

11) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","",12785,"",1) ;Changes back to C to prepare new defrag in future.

12) WinClose ("Diskeeper Lite")

Mahalo,

doogdoog

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconDebug", 1) ;0-off
AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start dklite.msc")

WinWait("Diskeeper Lite", "")
WinClose("Diskeeper Lite", "")

WinWait("Diskeeper Lite", "Defragment Now")
$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "Defragment Now", 8101)
If $check = 0 Then MsgBox(0, "AutoIt", "Control Not found.")

WinWait("Diskeeper Lite", "&OK")
$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Completed", "&OK", 1);Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of C.

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "", 12785);Changes to D drive.

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "Defragment Now", 8101);Start Defrag on C.

WinWait("Diskeeper Lite", "OK")
$check = ControlClick("Defragmentation Completed", "OK", 1);Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of D.

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "", 12785);Changes back to C to prepare new defrag in future.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Aloha,

Thanks for the replies and the help Neogia, thatsgreat2345 and herewasplato. I finally got it to work after hours of trial and error and herewasplato thanks for the posting, but I don't understand your script (too deep for me). I will have to do some search on your scripts to figure out what it does. TIA

Mahalo,

doogdoog

; Script Function:

; Template AutoIt script.

; This script is to start Diskeeper and defrag the C & D Hdd and to close the program. Created by doogdoog 3-12-06 using Autoitv3.

1) RunWait (@comspec & " /c start dklite.msc") ;Starts Diskeeper program.

2) Sleep (1000)

3) WinClose ("Diskeeper Lite") ;Closes popup.

4) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","Defragment Now",8101,"",1) ;Starts to defrag hdd.

5) WinWait("Defragmentation Completed", "&OK") ;Waits until defrag of C is completed.

6) WinClose ("Defragmentation Completed") ;Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of C.

7) MouseClick ("",90,98,1) ;Changes to D drive.

8) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","Defragment Now",8101,"",1) ;Start Defrag on D.

9) WinWait("Defragmentation Completed", "&OK") ;Waits until defrag of D is completed.

10) WinClose ("Defragmentation Completed");Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of D.

11) MouseClick ("",80,80,1) ;Changes back to C to prepare new defrag in future.

12) WinClose ("Diskeeper Lite") ;Exit program.

• Moderators

Aloha,

Thanks for the replies and the help Neogia, thatsgreat2345 and herewasplato. I finally got it to work after hours of trial and error and herewasplato thanks for the posting, but I don't understand your script (too deep for me). I will have to do some search on your scripts to figure out what it does. TIA

Mahalo,

doogdoog

; Script Function:

; Template AutoIt script.

; This script is to start Diskeeper and defrag the C & D Hdd and to close the program. Created by doogdoog 3-12-06 using Autoitv3.

1) RunWait (@comspec & " /c start dklite.msc") ;Starts Diskeeper program.

2) Sleep (1000)

3) WinClose ("Diskeeper Lite") ;Closes popup.

4) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","Defragment Now",8101,"",1) ;Starts to defrag hdd.

5) WinWait("Defragmentation Completed", "&OK") ;Waits until defrag of C is completed.

6) WinClose ("Defragmentation Completed") ;Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of C.

7) MouseClick ("",90,98,1) ;Changes to D drive.

8) ControlClick ("Diskeeper Lite","Defragment Now",8101,"",1) ;Start Defrag on D.

9) WinWait("Defragmentation Completed", "&OK") ;Waits until defrag of D is completed.

10) WinClose ("Defragmentation Completed");Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of D.

11) MouseClick ("",80,80,1) ;Changes back to C to prepare new defrag in future.

12) WinClose ("Diskeeper Lite") ;Exit program.

What parts don't you understand? I'm sure one of us can explain it to where you could maybe get a grasp of it, since you'll probably need it for future reference anyway.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconDebug", 1);0-off

Set so that tray displays current line number

AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

Allow Autoit to detect the hidden text on the windiw

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start dklite.msc")

Run the program dklite.msc

Wait for a window with the title "Diskeeper Lite"

Close the window with the title "Diskeeper Lite"

Wait for a window with the title "Diskeeper Lite", text "Defragment Now"

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "Defragment Now", 8101)

Click Control #8101 on the window

If control not found, display a message box, alerting the user.

WinWait("Diskeeper Lite", "&OK")

Wait for a window with the title "Diskeeper Lite", text "&OK"

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Completed", "&OK", 1);Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of C.

Click Control #1 on the window

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "", 12785);Changes to D drive.

Click Control #12785 on the window

Wait for a window with the title "Diskeeper Lite", text "Defragment Now"

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "Defragment Now", 8101);Start Defrag on C.

Click Control #8101 on the window

WinWait("Diskeeper Lite", "OK")

Wait for a window with the title "Diskeeper Lite", text "OK"

$check = ControlClick("Defragmentation Completed", "OK", 1);Closes Diskeeper Completed popup of D.

Click Control #1 on the window

$check = ControlClick("Diskeeper Lite", "", 12785);Changes back to C to prepare new defrag in future.

Click Control #12785 on the window

Wait for a window with the title "Diskeeper Lite"

Closes the window with the title "Diskeeper Lite"

Step-by-step walkthrough

#)

• Moderators

Err... nfwu could break it down entirley~~!! :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Err... nfwu could break it down entirley~~!! :)

:mellow:

Used to this kind of stuff already...

I use this method to teach my schoolmates Java...

#)

Aloha,

Thanks for the breakdown. Well, I didn't quite understand $check, if $check, and msgbox. I looked at the help but couldn't find check but I found that $ is a variable. I also couldn't understand why msgbox would be part of the program but now I am thinking that those additional scripts are there to show if there is a problem. Is that correct?? Ok, I got it and thanks to you all again. TIA

Mahalo,

doogdoog

Aloha,

Thanks for the breakdown. Well, I didn't quite understand $check, if $check, and msgbox. I looked at the help but couldn't find check but I found that $ is a variable. I also couldn't understand why msgbox would be part of the program but now I am thinking that those additional scripts are there to show if there is a problem. Is that correct?? Ok, I got it and thanks to you all again. TIA

Mahalo,

doogdoog

@nfwu,

Thanks - I've not had time to stay on the forum much as of late.

@doogdoog,

Yes, in this case - msgbox = debug/problem - once the script is working, then you should not see them popup... however, ControlIDs have been known to change within a program from one run to the next or if there is a patch/upgrade... so you might want to keep them in there.

Check the help file under ControlClick and you should see this:

Return Value

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0.

When you execute a line of code containing a ControlClick function it will return (or send) a 1 or a 0 to a variable or another function. $check is just the name of the variable that I picked. I could have named the variable $x or $y like in algebra - but who wants to go there?

One of the things that I noticed about your code was that you were not putting any WinWaits in it. While I was messing around with writing out the whole script - nfwu posted the same idea... that is why I just posted my whole version and left it at that. I probably should not have thrown the msgboxes into the equation, but some of your control IDs looked like they might have been in error.

Another way to write this line:

is

If Not $check Then MsgBox(0, "AutoIt", "Control Not found.")

I throw that in because I know that lines of code like (If $check = 0 Then...) really offends some coders' senses... but I think that it is clearer for those just starting out. I know that it was for me.

What happens when you run the code that I posted? - if you are that brave :-)

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]