Hidden, Silent Or Splash? (i'm New To This!)

Hi guys

My first post!

I've made a simple script that installs the freeware program called FilZip. Right now I'm interested in hiding this installation. Is it possible? The script will run at user login and it would be nice if the user only see the desktop. If not possible, how do I run the installation behind a splash? The help didn't help me that much (or by brain are fryed).

This is the script, what modifications do I need to make to either hide the windows or run them behind a splash?

Run('\\server\msi\FilZip\fz304.exe', "", @SW_MINIMIZE)

WinWait("Select Setup Language","Select the language ")
If Not WinActive("Select Setup Language","Select the language ") Then WinActivate("Select Setup Language","Select the language ")
WinWaitActive("Select Setup Language","Select the language ")
Send("{ENTER}")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Welcome to the Filzi")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Welcome to the Filzi") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Welcome to the Filzi")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Welcome to the Filzi")
Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Please read the foll")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Please read the foll") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Please read the foll")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Please read the foll")
Send("{ALTDOWN}a{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Select Destination L")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Select Destination L") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Select Destination L")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Select Destination L")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Which components sho")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Which components sho") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Which components sho")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Which components sho")
Send("{TAB}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SPACE}{DOWN}{SPACE}{DOWN}{SPACE}{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Select Start Menu Fo")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Select Start Menu Fo") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Select Start Menu Fo")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Select Start Menu Fo")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Select Additional Ta")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Select Additional Ta") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Select Additional Ta")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Select Additional Ta")
Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SPACE}{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Setup is now ready t")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Setup is now ready t") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Setup is now ready t")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Setup is now ready t")
Send("{ALTDOWN}i{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Setup - Filzip","Completing the Filzi")
If Not WinActive("Setup - Filzip","Completing the Filzi") Then WinActivate("Setup - Filzip","Completing the Filzi")
WinWaitActive("Setup - Filzip","Completing the Filzi")
Send("{SPACE}{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Registration","I don't want to regi")
If Not WinActive("Registration","I don't want to regi") Then WinActivate("Registration","I don't want to regi")
WinWaitActive("Registration","I don't want to regi")
Send("{DOWN}{SPACE}{TAB}{SPACE}{ALTDOWN}c{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Associate with Filzip","Never ask again")
If Not WinActive("Associate with Filzip","Never ask again") Then WinActivate("Associate with Filzip","Never ask again")
WinWaitActive("Associate with Filzip","Never ask again")
Send("{TAB}{SPACE}{ALTDOWN}a{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Filzip","Filzip Toolbar")
If Not WinActive("Filzip","Filzip Toolbar") Then WinActivate("Filzip","Filzip Toolbar")
WinWaitActive("Filzip","Filzip Toolbar")
Send("{ALTDOWN}{F4}{ALTUP}")

HI,

have a look at @SW_HIDE and ControlSend() in the helpfile. That should help. Otherwise, post again. :)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

HI,

have a look at @SW_HIDE and ControlSend() in the helpfile. That should help. Otherwise, post again. :)

So long,

Mega

Thank you! Those commands looks nice! =)

One more question:

I did this:

Run(notepad.exe,"")

WinWait("title",")

ControlSend("title","","Edit1","Hello world!")

The code above works fine, but whan I do it like this it won't work:

Run(notepad.exe,"",@sw_minimize)

WinWait("title",")

ControlSend("title","","Edit1","Hello world!")

How come? What've I missed?

Thanks in advance!

Who made the installer for FilZip? If it was done with Install Shield or Wize, you may get lucky and the installer has command line switches. If so, it may have a silent switch that may solve your problem. Usually the setup will can be run like this: setup.exe /s

Who made the installer for FilZip? If it was done with Install Shield or Wize, you may get lucky and the installer has command line switches. If so, it may have a silent switch that may solve your problem. Usually the setup will can be run like this: setup.exe /s

Good idea, but unfortunately the FilZip was just an example.

I solved it with the Notepad-script above (added a flag), but more questions are rising...

Can I hide or suppress the dialogs regarding "Do you want to save..." (or what the text are in english version) in Notepad?

Good idea, but unfortunately the FilZip was just an example.

I solved it with the Notepad-script above (added a flag), but more questions are rising...

Can I hide or suppress the dialogs regarding "Do you want to save..." (or what the text are in english version) in Notepad?

Take a look at this

This forum has great amount of silent/unattended switches for basically every app. This page here can also be helpfull. You should only automate applications with autoit if there's no OTHER way as it will greatly improve speed over the one with autoit.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)