Gui Suggestion

jpm - is it worthwhile adding another gui option to AutoItSetOption (or Opt), namely GUIResizeMode - 0 would not allow moving on window resizing, 1 would allow the moveing options options that you can specify in GUISetControlEx. Or perhaps the default would be no move on resizing.

Edited by alawoona

jpm - is it worthwhile adding another gui option to AutoItSetOption (or Opt), namely GUIResizeMode - 0 would not allow moving on window resizing, 1 would allow the moveing options options that you can specify in GUISetControlEx. Or perhaps the default would be no move on resizing.

I don't understand why you want to allow resizing at GUICreate and not for the inside control.

If you don't want to be resized just stay with the default Guicreate option. nothing will be resized.

I hope that's answer your question :D

JPM - maybe I am confused, I thought the default option was to allow control resizing and moving when the window is resized. If I do not want control movement, then I have to set this option for each control uing a GUISetControlEx for each contol. I was suggesting the opposite.

Oooh, here's a revised idea:

AutoItSetOption("GuiResizeMode", $mode) ;Sets the default resize setting

Example usage:

Opt("GuiResizeMode", $GUI_DOCKMENUBAR)
GUISetControl ("input", "", 0, 10)
GUISetControl ("input", "", 0, 50)
GUISetControl ("input", "", 0, 90)

Opt("GuiResizeMode", $GUI_DOCKSIZE)
GuiSetControl("checkbox", "foo", 50, 50)
; etc etc

This could be very useful if you have a lot of controls and want groups of them docked to certain areas of the window. This prevents you from having to call

GUISetControlEx (-1, -1 , $resizeMode) after every single GuiSetControl

What do you think jpm? :D

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Thanks - cyberslug you said it much more elegantly than me. :D

A question for you about AuoBuilder - not sure what is happening when I run your Main..exe....it seems to hand if I click OK or slect another command. I do not see the helper window at all? Using your most recent version and the most recent unstabel autiit and I commented out the 2 lines you suggested.

A question for you about AuoBuilder - not sure what is happening when I run your Main..exe....it seems to hand if I click OK or slect another command. I do not see the helper window at all? Using your most recent version and the most recent unstabel autiit and I commented out the 2 lines you suggested.

Thanks for letting me know. I will try to get those bugs fixed. I've found other bugs while cleaning up and revising the code.

Does anything happen if you run Helper.exe when Main.exe is running? I'm still not sure where the problem is :D

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Here are the symptoms - run Main, see window. I start Helper. No Helper window or icon or taskbar entry. But Helper is listed in windows task manager as running. Select checkbox from the combobox in Main - that control and all the buttons in Main are disabled and nothing happens. (Helper is still listed as running in the task manager) Something is happening as it has "slowed" my computer down - the keyboard is not always responding. Main will not close with the red X. Exit using the tray icon...opens the last step window. (Helper still listed in the task manager) Actually there are 2 last step windows. Copy to clipboard closes these and Helper exits.

I am using WIN XP home edition SP1 and a 1GHz machine

Oooh, here's a revised idea:

AutoItSetOption("GuiResizeMode", $mode)  ;Sets the default resize setting

Example usage:

Opt("GuiResizeMode", $GUI_DOCKMENUBAR)
GUISetControl ("input", "", 0, 10)
GUISetControl ("input", "", 0, 50)
GUISetControl ("input", "", 0, 90)

Opt("GuiResizeMode", $GUI_DOCKSIZE)
GuiSetControl("checkbox", "foo", 50, 50)
; etc etc

This could be very useful if you have a lot of controls and want groups of them docked to certain areas of the window.  This prevents you from having to call

GUISetControlEx (-1, -1 , $resizeMode) after every single GuiSetControl

What do you think jpm?  :huh2:

Hi all,

Sorry not answering but I am in in the road.

If the question is more too split the sizing and the moving of a control. It could be a good idea to have and option.

Unless when resizing the GUI itself at least the moving should be manage.

Put good example where the resize option will be of improvement help.

:D

EDited: I miss you want a value not just a mode in the opt That's better

Edited by jpm