Setdevicepath

What i want autotit code to do is the same thing as SetDevicePath.exe does. And what is does i will show on example. Lets say you've got your drivers in dir D:\Drivers. There you have couple of dirs in those dirs you have more dirs etc. My drivers dir looks like this (more or less)

-----------------------

D:\Drivers

D:\Drivers\Maxdata

D:\Drivers\Maxdata\3200X

D:\Drivers\Maxdata\7000X

D:\Drivers\IBM

D:\Drivers\IBM\Something

D:\Drivers\HP

D:\Drivers\HP\NX6110

D:\Drivers\HP\NX6120

-----------------------

Now when you type SetDevicePath d:\Drivers it will go thru that dir and every path it finds is added to registry under following key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion", "DevicePath"

On default system this line looks like:

("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion", "DevicePath", "REG_EXPAND_SZ", "%SystemRoot%\inf")

Now after SetDevicePath is used that registry entry looks like:

%SystemRoot%\Inf;d:\Drivers\Maxdata\3100X;d:\Drivers\Maxdata;d:\Drivers\HP\NX6110;d:\Drivers\HP

Hope it's more clear now and someone will be able to help me. I did some code but it sucks.

Func DevicePath($path_to_drivers)
       $DirListDir1 =_FileListToArray($path_to_drivers, "*", 2)
    If $DirListDir1[0] > 0 Then
       $DirListDir2 = _FileListToArray($path_to_drivers & "\" & $DirListDir1[1], "*", 2)
    EndIF
    If $DirListDir2[0] > 0 Then
       $DirListDir3 = _FileListToArray($path_to_drivers & "\" & $DirListDir1[1] & "\" & $DirListDir2[1], "*", 2)
    EndIF
    If $DirListDir3[0] > 0 Then
       $DirListDir4 = _FileListToArray($path_to_drivers & "\" & $DirListDir1[1] & "\" & $DirListDir2[1] & "\" & $DirListDir3[1], "*", 2)
    EndIf
 ;MsgBox(0, "Information", $path_to_drivers & "\" & $DirListDir1[1] & "\" & $DirListDir2[1] & "\" & $DirListDir3[1] & "\")
EndFunc
Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Should be able to use a similar solution to the last task I helped you with. Use StdOutRead with the Dir command. Dir has switches which can get folder names and subfolder names very promptly. You then replace the end of line chars with semi-colons and add it to the string that already exists.

Should be able to use a similar solution to the last task I helped you with. Use StdOutRead with the Dir command. Dir has switches which can get folder names and subfolder names very promptly. You then replace the end of line chars with semi-colons and add it to the string that already exists.

Nice, i managed to get it to working but DIR command outputs something like that:

Katalog: e:\Drivers\HP\NX6110

Katalog: e:\Drivers\Maxdata\3100X

How to remove Katalog: if i DON'T want it to be language related (in other lang Katalog will be Catalog or some other name). Constant thing here that will always be here is e:\Drivers in this example as i paste it thru $variable. Tried reading on StringTrimLeft but i have to give exact number of chars and it will change from version to version. Maybe there's a better way...

[sOLVED] by using $dupa = StringSplit($DirSplit[$i], ": ",1)

Tnx again Mhz! Your help was VERY VERY GOOD!

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)