Launch Processes Remotely W/o Enabling Admin Share

After doing some research, I found that PsTools allowed me to do what I've been wanting to do for some time... launch a script remotely. Now, I'm wondering -- is there any tool or *any* way to launch a script remotely w/o enabling the default admin share? This would save me a ton of time. Thanks!

You could always use the TCP* functions, and have a script run on the machine that's going to run the process, waiting for a packet.

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

You could always use the TCP* functions, and have a script run on the machine that's going to run the process, waiting for a packet.

~cdkid

Hmm... the problem is the machines I'm working with get reimaged on a regular basis. So basically I'm wondering if it's possible to launch a script on a remote "virgin" machine, without tweaking or installing anything on it.

Well, I'd have to be able to access the registry remotely first, wouldn't I? Wouldn't I have to use Pstools to connect to it? Or how else would you do it?

From my personal expireience the answer for you is WMI .

You can run process on any machine if you have an account with administratvie priviledges .

And of course you can read write registry with no problem :)

The only bad thing that the process you launch cant run INTERACTEVLY .

Wish there was a way :)

If you like pstools you can alaways enable admin share and launch anything you want .

Simply combine WMI+PSTOOLS and you can do anything :mellow:

There is a hex ( 31303030303030 ) reasons i love AutoIt !

Hmm... the problem is the machines I'm working with get reimaged on a regular basis. So basically I'm wondering if it's possible to launch a script on a remote "virgin" machine, without tweaking or installing anything on it.

There are many people with less than honorable intentions that would love to do just that very thing. In my case, I have software that actively defends against such exploits, and I suspect most other people do as well.

In another thread you ask for ideas on how to take remotely take screen snapshots every few seconds. Is what you are after help to create a remote controlled bot that can be deployed on random, unsuspecting users?