Need Ideas And Code

My version 2 script looks like this and works but I want to make it version 3 so that I can read binary values and add a /decrypt switch after the exe. For eg. dissolve.exe /decrypt

My problem is that the script to change a v.2 to a v.3 didn't work. This needs to be adjusted on a personal level. I want to add a optional switch to read the binary "ScreenSave_Data" variable from the registry and then use xor and/or hex and/or ascii and/or decimal to translate the password hash into the actual password. I've read many tutorials on how to do this manually but i don't understand how I would go about doing it in AutoIt3. This script has only been, and will only be, used legally and only to save me from my mistakes.

HideAutoItWin, On

IfEqual, A_OSTYPE, WIN32_WINDOWS, Goto, win32

SplashTextOn, 300, 100, Dissolve, Operating system not supported!

Sleep, 10000

SplashTextOff

Exit

win32:

RegRead, data, REG_DWORD , HKEY_USERS, .DEFAULT\\Control Panel\\Desktop, ScreenSaveUsePassword

IfEqual, data, 0, Goto, ttx

RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_USERS, .DEFAULT\\Control Panel\\Desktop, ScreenSaveUsePassword, 0

IfWinExist, Windows Screen Saver, &Type your screen saver password:, Winclose, Windows Screen Saver, &Type your screen saver password:

Send, {F5}

SplashTextOn, 300, 100, Dissolve, Password Protection Removed!

Sleep, 10000

SplashTextOff

ttx:

Exit

Any ideas,

Computerguy_86

P.S. Your support is sincerely appreciated.

My Programs:Dissolve (Updated 5-30-06)Credit Card Validator (Not created as of yet)Master Lock Combination Cracker (Updated 7-08-07)Go Site-Seeing:My Website: - Click Here

Look at "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Extra\v2_to_v3_Converter" or a similar location for a program that does a decent job of converting version 2 scripts to version 3 syntax.

Edit: Here is the output

;   V2.64 to V3.0.93 (Version 1.0.4)
;   Converted with AutoItV2toV3 [Version 1.0.5]
;   (C) Copyright 2004 J-Paul Mesnage.

if NOT __cmp(@OSTYPE, 'WIN32_WINDOWS') then
    SplashTextOn ( 'Dissolve', 'Operating system not supported!', 300, 100 )
    Sleep ( 10000 )
    SplashOff ( )
    Exit 
endif   ; win32
$data = RegRead ( 'HKEY_USERS\' & '.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop', 'ScreenSaveUsePassword' )
if NOT __cmp($data, 0) then
    RegWrite ( 'HKEY_USERS\' & '.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop', 'ScreenSaveUsePassword', 'REG_DWORD', 0 )
    if WinExists ( 'Windows Screen Saver', '&Type your screen saver password:' ) then
        WinClose ( 'Windows Screen Saver', '&Type your screen saver password:' )
    endif
    Send ( '{F5}' )
    SplashTextOn ( 'Dissolve', 'Password Protection Removed!', 300, 100 )
    Sleep ( 10000 )
    SplashOff ( )
endif   ; ttx
Exit 

; Epilogue  Extra Functions needed for Compatibility execution
;    take care of possible redefinition if you are converting  an include file
;
func __cmp ($_1, $_2); to handle Case sensitive comparison
if $__strcase = 0 then
    return ($_1 = $_2)
else
    return ($_1 == $_2)
endif
endfunc
;
; End Epilogue

As for the other stuff, I don't know what to tell you. Good Luck

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Like I mentioned before on line 3, compiling that script and running it doesn't work. One of the errors is "using a variable without first declaring it". I think at all "__cmp" and/or "$__strcase". This needs to be adjusted personally to work on a 9x machine. I've tried to use the help file but it's as big as Texas. Thanks for the thought though.

My Programs:Dissolve (Updated 5-30-06)Credit Card Validator (Not created as of yet)Master Lock Combination Cracker (Updated 7-08-07)Go Site-Seeing:My Website: - Click Here

Like I mentioned before on line 3, compiling that script and running it doesn't work. One of the errors is "using a variable without first declaring it". I think at all "__cmp" and/or "$__strcase". This needs to be adjusted personally to work on a 9x machine. I've tried to use the help file but it's as big as Texas. Thanks for the thought though.

I think some improvement was done with 1.06 version which come with the actual unstable version :D

I was half asleep when I did this but here goes:

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
   If @OSTYPE = "WIN32_WINDOWS" Then
      $data = RegRead("HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop", "ScreenSaveUsePassword")
         If $data = 0 Then Exit
      RegWrite("HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop", "ScreenSaveUsePassword", "REG_DWORD",  "0")
      If WinExists("Windows Screen Saver", "&Type your screen saver password:") Then
         Winclose("Windows Screen Saver", "&Type your screen saver password:")
      EndIf
         Send("F5")
         SplashTextOn("Dissolve", "Password Protection Removed!", 300, 100)
         Sleep(10000)
         SplashOff()
      Exit
   Else
      SplashTextOn("Dissolve", "Operating system not supported!", 300, 100)
      Sleep(10000)
      SplashOff()
      Exit
   EndIf

Keep in mind ... didn't have a Windows98 machine available to test it on.

Edit: I WAS half asleep it seems ... be sure to watch out for word wrap also

Edited by psichosis

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?