Running A Function With A Hotkey, Second Run Stops First Function Call (which's In Progress...)

As in title. I want to use one function on several minimized windows.

When It's in progress on one and I press my function call hotkey on the second window, it stops working on that first one.

Any clues how to make this function work with a few windows in the same time?

Maybe I did sth wrong?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jaccus

As in title. I want to use one function on several minimized windows.

When It's in progress on one and I press my function call hotkey on the second window, it stops working on that first one.

Any clues how to make this function work with a few windows in the same time?

Maybe I did sth wrong?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jaccus

Remarks

Up to 64 simultaneous hotkeys per script may be registered.

If two AutoIt scripts set the same HotKeys, you should avoid running those scripts simultaneously. (The second script cannot capture the hotkey unless the first script terminates or unregisters the key prior to the second script setting the hotkey.)

A hotkey press *typically* interrupts the active AutoIt function/statement and runs its user function until it completes or is interrupted. Exceptions are as follows:

Straight from the help file.

I do not think that it can be done.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

maybe multiple scripts called from gui then? so 1 script per 1 window? possible?

You could call as many scripts as you like. But remember CPU usage could become a factor if your doing alot. Why do you need to act in more than one window at a time (out of curiousity is all). But seriously, without providing any specs/script/ or anything other a question, the answers will be vague.

Maybe AdlibEnable() might work for you. Maybe the use of StderrRead/StdinWrite/StdoutRead (ChrisL has an example in the scripts and scraps forum (MultiThreading would be a keyword to look for there)) options might be... there are a pluthera of choices, but none specific to your cause because of the lack of information.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.