Dll's Functions

yoo there, i'm trying to get XM music into my autoit program (made a topic for that)

but now i need to know how to see the functions of an DLL

or isn't that possible without the source ??

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

seems it doesn't work well, because it only gives 1 function back "excecutedll" and i DON'T think that should be it

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

Woorked realy, realy well on my system. Tried it on the AutoItX3.dll and it worked like a charme. Allso the "Load all functions in DLLs attached to this process" Is way to cool!

Edit:

PS: Thanks for that tip poisonKiller!

Edited by Uten

• Developers

but... how do you know how many parameters to use and what the type or structure is for each ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

but... how do you know how many parameters to use and what the type or structure is for each ?

hmm, the realy, realy hard way through the debugger? :) .

I'm just guessing and you probably know this a lot better than me, but dont we sort of get a clue by lokking at the addresses?

You get no clues without documentation. It is impossible to reverse engineer a function signature to figure out what parameters it takes without this information being stored somewhere (And it's not). You can _try_ to figure the parameters out by looking at disassembly and running under a debugger, but you're going to be wrong about as many times as you are right.

If you don't have documentation for a DLL you want to use or example code using it, move along, you can't use it either. The information you need is not stored in the DLL.

If you don't have documentation for a DLL you want to use or example code using it, move along, you can't use it either. The information you need is not stored in the DLL.

Just wondering, does Microsoft usually give out these documentations?

And where would I found them (if available)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering, does Microsoft usually give out these documentations?

And where would I found them (if available)

In another venue, Microsoft is in trouble with the EU for not documenting programing interfaces after being ordered to. Microsoft's response was to pretend the order was for source code, and come out with new variations of source licensing, so the programmer could just go off and figure it out themselves. The EU has called them on it and may hit them with richly deserved fines within a week.

BBC Article.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law