Webcam?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted it publicly. Just a little ditty I whipped up to monitor cam status. Had live feed in the gui, email notification on outage, etc.

did you use a dllcall for it? please share

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

did you use a dllcall for it? please share

I sure didn't. That's why I'm trying to get info on what you are trying to do. Lay it on me.

Edit: Except for the Dll calls in w0uter's FTP.au3

Edited by jezzzzy

Please describe the project and I will be happy to offer any assistance. What is your current hang-up?

Jezzy, I'm starting to define a kind of surveilance and comunications project. For that, I will need:

1- get the cameras (more than one) images

2- with those imagens I will do somethings, like just show them on a GUI, send to Internet server (like a frame/sec, etc.).

As you can see, the project is not totally defined.

So, the basic thing is how to get the images. Preferably from more than one camera. If you can post a little capture AU3 example, that would be great. :)

for my it would be a logitech quickcam messenger, but would that really matter?

Certainly does. There are 3 main types of camera interfaces - USB, IP & Coax.

IP cameras have the best interface to work with since they run linux and images can be pulled via IP address (and remotely). USB requires interfacing with the camera software (dllcall) and are notorious for insufficient documentation. However, some cam software apps give you the ability to access the camera via IP through their software. Depending on what you want to accomplish, this may be your best option.

Unfortunately logitech has discontinued their developer program for Quickcam products. They will not be a good resource for your app development.

Do you have any documentation on it? How to call, parameters, etc.? I could'nt find in the zip file

Here is the ZIP file

just open the other two files with wordpad and look for dll calls.

global.cCam = external_define('webcam.DLL','createCam',dll_stdcall,ty_string,5,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real);
global.connect_ = external_define('webcam.DLL','connect',dll_stdcall,ty_string,1,ty_real);
global.disconnect_ = external_define('webcam.DLL','disconnect',dll_stdcall,ty_string,0);
global.saveToDIB_ = external_define('webcam.DLL','saveToDIB',dll_stdcall,ty_string,1,ty_string);

Edit:I hope this will help you out.

Another Edit (after reading last post) this is for USB only....

Edited by rbhkamal

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

I do not have the cameras yet. I intend to purchase some inexpensive ones, readly avaiable in the local store, probably USB. The interface depends on the camera? If yes, that implies I must have the camera documentation and will have a distinct dll for each model?

edit after your post: thanks for the zip. Seems that the dll is ok for any usb camera, correct?

Edited by joseLB

edit after your post: thanks for the zip. Seems that the dll is ok for any usb camera, correct?

don't know....

Edit: There is a long post about it, look there (my first link), it looks like its good for most of USBs

Edited by rbhkamal

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

@joseLB

were you able to work the dll in AutoIt?

yeah were you??? this shouldn't be this hard

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

This program works fine with Logitach (I tried my brother's camera)

Download Game Maker 6 then lunch it...... it rocks

The exe also work fine(the second link).

I will try it with autoit ASAP :):(

Note:You will have to register Game Maker in oreder to run some funtions.

Edited by rbhkamal

I was unable to get it to work(I know nothing about dlls)

but here is what I tried to do:

$GUI = GUICreate( "WebCam" )
GUISetState()
$Create = DllCall( "webcam.dll" ,'string' , 'createCam'  ,'string' , 5, "hwnd" , $GUI, 'string' , 1 , 'string' , 1 , 'string' , 250 , 'string' , 250)
_ArrayDisplay( $Create , "$create" )
$Connect = DllCall( "webcam.dll" ,'int' , 'connect' , 'int' , 1 , 'int' , 30 )
_ArrayDisplay( $Connect , "$Connect" )
$Save = DllCall( "webcam.dll" ,'int' , 'saveToDIB' , 'int' , 1 , 'string' , "Test.bmp" )
_ArrayDisplay( $Save , "$Save" )
SplashImageOn( "WebCam Image" , "Test.bmp" )
while 1
sleep(10)
wend

I get an array after each call, but no indication that its working.

however I did a test where in the actual GameMaker file I replaced the GUI handle with Autoit GUI handle , but that didn't work too.

It looks like you need someone better than me to explain why thats happening

Can someone help please!

thanks

RK

Edit: Here are the return values after each call:

@@ Debug(12) : _ArrayToString( $Create , "-" ) = NULL-11072-0x002904B6-1-1-250-250
>Error code: 0  Extended code: 0    SystemTime: 01:29:05
@@ Debug(19) : _ArrayToString( $Connect , "-" ) = 15405056-1-30
@@ Debug(25) : _ArrayToString( $Save , "-" ) = 15405056-1-Test.bmp
Edited by rbhkamal

no I wasn't. i tried the code from rbhkamal:

#include <array.au3>
GUISetState()
$Create = DllCall( "webcam.dll" ,'string' , 'createCam'  ,'string' , 5, "hwnd" , $GUI, 'string' , 1 , 'string' , 1 , 'string' , 250 , 'string' , 250)
$Save = DllCall( "webcam.dll" ,'int' , 'saveToDIB' , 'int' , 1 , 'string' , "Test.bmp" )
while 1
sleep(10)
wend

and I've been getting errors while starting it [attachment]

no I wasn't. i tried the code from rbhkamal:

#include <array.au3>
GUISetState()
while 1
sleep(10)
wend

and I've been getting errors while starting it [attachment]

Hmm, I dont know. I tried shit like this too. I think your the closest with it so far. sorry

Certainly does. There are 3 main types of camera interfaces - USB, IP & Coax.

IP cameras have the best interface to work with since they run linux and images can be pulled via IP address (and remotely). USB requires interfacing with the camera software (dllcall) and are notorious for insufficient documentation. However, some cam software apps give you the ability to access the camera via IP through their software. Depending on what you want to accomplish, this may be your best option.

Unfortunately logitech has discontinued their developer program for Quickcam products. They will not be a good resource for your app development.

This is interesting, can you post an example of how to get an image from an IP cam please?

Thanks.

Edited by Lakes

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.