Ie.au3 _ieaction() Search

What does the using "search" with _IEAction() accomplish?

I was hoping I could use it to search for a text/string in an object, but I don't see how the syntax allows for that. In fact, when I substitued _IEAction($o_Keywords,"search") for _IEAction($o_Keywords,"selectall") to see what it would do, it closed down my script.

Thanks in advance.

Um, I think I'm being stoopid here, but did you try and click on the underlined link that Andrew posted?

If you want to survive in the Microsoft world, you've got to get familiar with Microsoft terminology and documentation.

Um, I think I'm being stoopid here, but did you try and click on the underlined link that Andrew posted?

If you want to survive in the Microsoft world, you've got to get familiar with Microsoft terminology and documentation.

Yes, I did. And Yes, I am trying to 'survive' in the Microsoft world and get familiar with their terminology. Unfortunately, I am just starting in the coding world. For the last 10 years I have been a hardware tech, and now I am trying to bridge the gap. And teaching myself everything, I have had no one show me one bit of knowledge. I literally started here in the forums and help file.

So, quite frankly, most of this terminology I am totally unfamiliar with. But, I am decent at the logic part of this.

So back to the original question, after reading the info on the link, I still have no idea what a "default" search page is.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

• Moderators

This is straight from the link that was provided:

The user can indicate the URL to use for the search page either from Internet Options in Microsoft Internet Explorer or from Internet Properties in Control Panel.

After doing some more research the above description is misleading. This link tells how you can change your default search page.

Edited by big_daddy

This is straight from the link that was provided:

After doing some more research the above description is misleading. This link tells how you can change your default search page.

AHHHHHH!! I see, said the BlindMan!

Does this mean that to change the Search Engine that IE uses, by default, can be changed by:

$SearchPage = "www.Google.com"
_IEAction($SearchPage,"search")

Humbly,

I Thank You

• Moderators

AHHHHHH!! I see, said the BlindMan!

Does this mean that to change the Search Engine that IE uses, by default, can be changed by:

$SearchPage = "www.Google.com"
_IEAction($SearchPage,"search")

Humbly,

I Thank You

No it does not.

In your example your not using the function correctly. The first parameter is the IE object, the second is the "Action" to execute. Therefore it should be something like this.

$oIE = _IECreate()
_IEAction($oIE, "Search")

By default this will open http://search.msn.com/. However if you change your default search page as explained in the link I provide in my last post it will open it instead.

Edited by big_daddy

No it does not.

In your example your not using the function correctly. The first parameter is the IE object, the second is the "Action" to execute. Therefore it should be something like this.

$oIE = _IECreate()
_IEAction($oIE, "Search")

By default this will open http://search.msn.com/. However if you change your default search page as explained in the link I provide in my last post it will open it instead.

Got it! Thanks!