Inetget Over Ftp

Hello everyone,

i intend to create some scripts for downloading images easily from an ftp

so is it possible to download directly a directory with InetGet method?

if not, how can i do it? with external command like microsoft ftp maybe?

thaks a lot

omlip

i intend to create some scripts for downloading images easily from an ftp

so is it possible to download directly a directory with InetGet method?

if not, how can i do it?

You will likely want to wrap a robust ftp client implementation that supports recursion and wildcards. Primary reason is that they return a wide range of exit codes that enable you to make intelligent decisions about what to do if things don't work out as you hope.

An excellent command line tool is available from www.ncftp.com, altho the newer microsoft ftp clients support scripts, so you could generate a file containing a list of files to be downloaded and then call the file in a ms ftp command line.

To have multiple file downloads occurring simultaneously, you would need to fire off multiple instances of a client, which costs you the ability to perform a RunWait() operation to have the result fed to you. You work around that by using Run() to fire off your xfers, and using another semaphore to provide you w/ the results of each attempt...I like to use either an INI file or temporary files for that purpose, allowing me to fire off a given number of operations, and then look at my INI file or status directory for files to parse to tell me how the operations fared, branching as necessary.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

thank a lot

i m not sure to understand all because english is not one of my strong skill :)

but if i use ncftpget command line, how would I retrieve information from download for example to create a graphical progress bar?

is it possible?

if yes how?

thank omlip

monitoring / reporting process status question...

If you require non-completion statuses, (i.e. bandwith utilization, num bytes xferred, etc.) you will have to control the process more directly.

the methods I outline are not usually useful for generating a lot of statistics about the state of pending operations, but extremely useful in ensuring that 1) multiple operations can occur simultaneously (2) you can get an accurate result code when a given operation completes.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.