Gui Newbie

Which program should i download just to make a simple GUI for my programs, which* one is the newest version? And is the easiest way to learn the GUI just to read the help file? because i looked at the code on one of the sample programs but it was very confusing.

Thanks

Brett

-Brett

You can also try AutoBuilder... though it's quite buggy (0.3 pre-release might be less buggy than 0.3)

To use run and compile GUI scripts, you need to use the

latest beta of AutoIt3.exe and AutoItSC.bin

Easiest way to program GUIs is to be familiar with the Win32 API..... Good luck

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

well, i wanted to make a simple GUI for my program SwitchBoard, which is a very useless newbish program lol. U just type the nickname of a program and locate the program to run by using browse. I just made it as my first program to learn about this language. but, i'm working on a program that hides the desktop and makes you type in a password to get out of the lock, and i've got it to lock the desktop but i can't figure out how to disable the windows key, but i've got everything else disabled (alt+tab, control+alt+delete).

But i wanted to make a GUI to set up the password and all the other options i might add.

Edit: What is that Win 32 API???

Edited by brett
-Brett

Larry,

I noticed AU3ScriptWriter.zip and autoscriptwriter.zip. Which one should I be using for what?

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...