On Exit?

$title = "Window Title Here"
Do
Sleep(100)
Until NOT WinExists($title)
;do the rest of the code here

Replace "Window Title here" with the title of the window, and, ";do the rest of the code here", with whatever code to do.

Or to execute code when the script ends use this:

Func OnAutoItExit()
;Do whatever here
EndFunc

~cdkid

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• Moderators

Func OnAutoItExit()
;Do whatever here
EndFunc

~cdkid

Don't forget:
Opt('OnExitFunc', 'OnAutoItExit')
with that one :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

Don't forget:

Opt('OnExitFunc', 'OnAutoItExit')
with that one :mellow:
No need for this statement as long as you use the default name OnAutoitExit().

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

No need for this statement as long as you use the default name OnAutoitExit().

:mellow:

Guess that's my problem, I never use the default... :), but thanks for the clarification, I did not know that.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

:) none of those codes worked for me? what im trying to do is so that when someone closes the window (one made in autoit, not another one) it does a fade effect, i got the effect working fine, just i need it to fade when you close it, but whats the script?

• Moderators

:) none of those codes worked for me? what im trying to do is so that when someone closes the window (one made in autoit, not another one) it does a fade effect, i got the effect working fine, just i need it to fade when you close it, but whats the script?

That last part you wrote there is my next question... Where's your script? (maybe we can help from there).

i cant be bothered to load up the whole script, but all i need is that lil (im guessing its little) bit of code so that when you press the close button (default close button, what you see in the top right corner of your screen) that it runs my fading script so it fades out then closes, thats it, if it cant be done then..... :)

• Moderators

i cant be bothered to load up the whole script

That's about how I feel about giving an answer I guess...

oh guys please trust me, the fading script that i will be using is this

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) 
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 250) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 240) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 230) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 220) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 210) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 200) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 190) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 180) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 170) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 160) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 150) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 140) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 130) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 120) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 110) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 100) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 90) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 80) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 70) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 60) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 50) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 40) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 30) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 20) 
Sleep(50)
WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", 10)

im not making something that when you close it it opens back up agian, im not some sort of simple virus coder. :)

That's about how I feel about giving an answer I guess...

nice. i actually think that the approach suggested would not achieve the desired result. i think that the gui is destroyed prior to the OnAutoItExit function running. the way that i would suggest to do it, would be to put it into your loop. depending on whether you're using message loop or onevent mode, you've got code to handle the unloading of the window. just have the fade out processed before the exit.

im not making something that when you close it it opens back up agian, im not some sort of simple virus coder. :)

oh, you write complex virii? kidding of course. the responses that you got for not posting your code were not because anyone thought the code was malicious, but because it looked like you wanted people to do your work for you. it's always a good idea to show your code even if it's just to show that you've made some effort of your own.

• Moderators

That certainly wasn't the thought I had (virus coder), it was the audasity to say you 'couldn't be bothered' to do something to 'Help You'.

Func OnAutoItExit()
    For $i = 250 To 10 Step - 10
        WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", $i)
        Sleep(50)
    Next
EndFunc

Edit:

After reading cameronsdads suggesting that you are destroying the GUI ahead of time, that makes sense.

#include <GUICONSTANTS.AU3>
$MAINGUI = GUICreate("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows")

GUISetState()

While 1
    $MSG = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $MSG = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            FADEOUTFUNCTION()
    EndSelect
    Sleep(10)
WEnd    

Func FADEOUTFUNCTION()
    For $i = 250 To 10 Step - 10
        WinSetTrans("FlashEEE's Ghost Windows", "", $i)
        Sleep(50)
    Next
    Exit
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

For $i = 255 to 0 step -5
WinSetTrans("Window Title", "", $i)
Sleep(10)
Next
WinClose("Window Title")

There.

~cdkid

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

for the other post

er............ ye, i thought so............. :mellow:

look, im new to this, i have just spent ages making a l33t program and all i want is a lil effect so how would i go about doing that script then? please all i need is this one script :)

Edited by DJ_PSYMON

133t

See the last two posts.