Consolewrite Invisible

Hi All,

I work on a system where I can't install software. I can run new software as long as I don't install it. In running an AutoIt script I used a 'consolewrite' command to view data. Unfortunately, I can't see the results. I've tried running the script via the MS-DOS command window with no results. I have TextPad configured to run *.au3 scripts and I can't view it through that program either.

Here's the test program that I tried:

; Write to the console

For $i = 0 to 10

ConsoleWrite("I = " & $i)

Next

I'm a newbie to AutoIt, so any help is appreciated.

Ronan

Hi All,

I work on a system where I can't install software. I can run new software as long as I don't install it. In running an AutoIt script I used a 'consolewrite' command to view data. Unfortunately, I can't see the results. I've tried running the script via the MS-DOS command window with no results. I have TextPad configured to run *.au3 scripts and I can't view it through that program either.

Here's the test program that I tried:

; Write to the console

For $i = 0 to 10

ConsoleWrite("I = " & $i)

Next

I'm a newbie to AutoIt, so any help is appreciated.

Ronan

ConsoleWrite is actually to send data to the console in SciTE, if you're not running the script from within SciTE i believe that it is just overlooked.

• Developers

ConsoleWrite is actually to send data to the console in SciTE, if you're not running the script from within SciTE i believe that it is just overlooked.

Nope... it writes to STDOUT, so any editor that handles STDOUT will work... i know i tested other editors as well that also handled STDOUT properly....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Thanks for your help as I now know where to look. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get TextPad to capture the STDOUT yet.

Ronan

Did you specify "Capture Output" on the Run definition for AutoIt3 scripts ?

Had a quick look at it but don't know how to get this to work...

Maybe use SciTE ? :)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)