Controlling Autoit Scripts Via Sms

Hello Folks

I'm a newbie and have just started working with Autoit. I have gone through the forums for some scripts or guidelines where an autoit script can be used to send an sms or be controlled by an sms. My need for this stems from the fact that i have around half a dozen servers onsite which may need to be restarted any time of the day or night and as soon as possible. The quickest way to do this which i could think of was via an sms, especially if i'm not onsite.

I was unable to find any posts on the forums for my need though i did read up abt a few who have managed to configure their autoit scripts so that they get sms alerts on their phone but no luck in finding the code.

Any sort of help or suggestion is most useful

Thanks and Regards

• Moderators

Hello Folks

I'm a newbie and have just started working with Autoit. I have gone through the forums for some scripts or guidelines where an autoit script can be used to send an sms or be controlled by an sms. My need for this stems from the fact that i have around half a dozen servers onsite which may need to be restarted any time of the day or night and as soon as possible. The quickest way to do this which i could think of was via an sms, especially if i'm not onsite.

I was unable to find any posts on the forums for my need though i did read up abt a few who have managed to configure their autoit scripts so that they get sms alerts on their phone but no luck in finding the code.

Any sort of help or suggestion is most useful

Thanks and Regards

Hi and welcome to the forums, there are a ton of scripts it seems lately on this very topic in the scripts and scraps forum, have you not found the 'specific' area you are searching for yet there, or not had the opportunity maybe to peak there?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.