What Ver For Gui

Meh, what is the difference between "Final" and "Beta" or "Unstable" other than a name? I've had just as much "Final" software screw up as I have had "unstable" stuff work flawlessly.

so, what's the status on the current 'unstable'? is it more of the "we call it beta, but it mostly is stable" or "if you're doing company production work, don't use this" ?

edit: I ask because GUIness intices me, I'd like to make some simple ones, try it on for size... but if I can't put it into production, it's a waste of time till it's released and I can 'rely' on it...

Edited by emmanuel

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Administrators

so, what's the status on the current 'unstable'?  is it more of the "we call it beta, but it mostly is stable" or "if you're doing company production work, don't use this" ?

Don't use for production. The unstable contains whatever fixes/hacks/tests/new stuff that comes around. After an unstable hasn't been changed for a while and no bugs are reported it is released.

cool, btw, haven't thanked you recently for doing all this work... nowadays when someone asks "how's work going?" I say "pretty good, more interesting now that I'm automating things with AutoIt" and then I launch into this geek talk that makes their eyes glaze over as I revel in the power you've given me... :D

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

how do i compile a program so that i dont have to have the exe that makes the GUI in the same folder?

Just download these files from http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/files/unstable/autoit/ into a seperate directory:

Aut2Exe.exe 03-May-2004 00:08 65k

AutoIt.chm 02-May-2004 18:30 409k

AutoIt3.exe 02-May-2004 18:30 89k

AutoItSC.bin 02-May-2004 18:30 204k

copy from the original aut2exe directory:

upx.exe

and run aut2.exe ....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Can someone please post a quick example of a gui, or what topic can i find one? because i'm tryin to figure all this out but its very confusing

Look at the Scripts & Scraps forum:

josbe's pixelfinder

JdeB's Tidy

Then there is AutoPad and AutoBuilder for complex examples that push the limits of AutoIt-gui. I hope to have AutoBuilder working decently by the time the GUI stuff is officially released....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!