Embeded Ie Window Without Scrollbars

Libre

anyone knows how to open an activex window with ie object without scroll bars ?

thanks.

i tryed this. but doesnt works.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GuiCreate("hi, i want to make a banner without scrollbars", 480, 450,-1, -1 ,BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 380, 460,60)
$oIE.navigate("http://www.terra.es")
$oIE.document.body.scroll = "no"
$oIE = 0

GuiSetState()

while 1
    Sleep(50)
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    if $msg == $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
wend

banner.au3

Edited by Libre

I love this Game :p----------------------Freeware Multilange support or Translate your scripts----------------------aNyBoDy KnOwS WhY A LiGhT iN My KeYbOaRd iS aLlWaIs BlInKiNg !?Who is "General Failure" and what is he doing in my hard disk !!!!!?

http://www.codecomments.com/message169781.html

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#include <IE.au3>

GUICreate ( "",450, 300)

GUISetBkColor(0x0000FF)

$not = GUICtrlCreateButton("&IE Active X", 10, 30, 100)

GUISetState ()

While 1

$msg = GuiGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

; MsgBox(0, "", "Dialog was closed")

Exit

Case $msg = $not

$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 560,270)

GUICtrlSetStyle($GUIActiveX, $WS_VISIBLE)

$oIE.navigate("www.google.it")

While _IEGetProperty($oIE, "busy")

Sleep(100)

WEnd

Sleep(500)

$oIE.document.write <"body Scroll=no">

$oIE = 0

EndSelect

WEnd

Edited by Lapo

Instead of:

I'd recommend:

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Instead of:

I'd recommend:

Dale

Thanks for the anwers, but :

$oIE.document.write <"body Scroll=no"> = SyntaX error

$oIE.document.body.scroll = "no" = doesnt works.

i used this last one in my first script in the top and doesnt works, too.

and, other question, where i can found the command list for an IE object ? like, document.write or body.scroll ?

I love this Game :p----------------------Freeware Multilange support or Translate your scripts----------------------aNyBoDy KnOwS WhY A LiGhT iN My KeYbOaRd iS aLlWaIs BlInKiNg !?Who is "General Failure" and what is he doing in my hard disk !!!!!?

Thanks for the anwers, but :

$oIE.document.write <"body Scroll=no"> = SyntaX error

$oIE.document.body.scroll = "no" = doesnt works.

i used this last one in my first script in the top and doesnt works, too.

and, other question, where i can found the command list for an IE object ? like, document.write or body.scroll ?

Oh, boy. This opens a can of worms I was unaware of.

I think you'll find that the $oIE.document.body.scroll = "no" will work when you navigate to some pages and not to others. E.g. www.yahoo.com works, www.autoitscript.com does not

This is because www.autoitscript.com (and your page) sets a "!DOCTYPE" attribute that changes the object model. You see something like the following at the top of these pages:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

This can be used to see what mode the page is in:

ConsoleWrite($oIE.document.compatMode & @CR)

It will be either be "BackCompat" (by default) or "CSS1Compat" for the pages with the special !DOCTYPE designation.

References that I have found state that things migrate from "body" to "documentElement" as the root carrying these attributes which leads me to believe that the following should work (but it does NOT):

$oIE.document.documentElement.scroll = "no"

I have not found a solution, sorry.

Dale

p.s.

Regarding where to look for information:

InternetExplorer Object:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....netexplorer.asp

Document Object

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....bj_document.asp

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

From what I can tell that doesn't get rid of the scroll bars but disables them, but you can't apply that until the page is done loading. Works the same with autoitscript.com also.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

GUICreate("hi, i want to make a banner without scrollbars", 480, 450, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

GUISetState()

$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 380, 460, 60)
$oIE.navigate ("http://www.terra.es")
While _IEGetProperty ($oIE, "busy")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
$oIE.document.write.body.Scroll = "no"

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg == $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

$oIE = 0
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

From what I can tell that doesn't get rid of the scroll bars but disables them, but you can't apply that until the page is done loading. Works the same with autoitscript.com also.

Thanks Gary. You prompted me to go back and test again. Although I spent quite a bit of time on my last post it was all a wild goose chase.

You are correct that the key is that the document must be completely loaded before the property can be set. In fact if I get rid of the small mistake in your example it works as expected (take out the .write)... the scrollbars disappear:

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

GUICreate("hi, i want to make a banner without scrollbars", 480, 450, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
GUISetState()

$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 380, 460, 60)
$oIE.navigate ("http://www.terra.es")
While _IEGetProperty ($oIE, "busy")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
WEnd

$oIE = 0

Dale

p.s. I tested with the beta version of _IELoadWait that is posted in the IE.au3 thread and if you use that code along with (_IENavigate instead of $oIE.navigate) it works without the While loop checking the busy status

In fact if I get rid of the small mistake in your example it works as expected (take out the .write)... the scrollbars disappear:

Just started messing around with the IE stuff, hadn't had much use for it till as of late, takes me a bit but I'll get it.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 8 months later...

Here is an updated example using the features of a more recent IE.au3 (V2.1-0 in AutoIt V3.2.2.0 RC1)

#include <IE.au3>

GUISetState()

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 335, 460, 105)
_IENavigate($oIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com")

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
WEnd

Dale