Need Info About Database Software

Hi

i need little info about database software using autoit im interested in making software for managing accounts. and already test that autoit application successfully connect with Ms-access this make application

standalone but if i use sql it mean each machine require sql to run autoit application kindly tell which way is good should i use ms-access or sql . sql handle large ammount of database. :)

Hi

i need little info about database software using autoit im interested in making software for managing accounts. and already test that autoit application successfully connect with Ms-access this make application

standalone but if i use sql it mean each machine require sql to run autoit application kindly tell which way is good should i use ms-access or sql . sql handle large ammount of database. :)

HI,

may search for sql or MySql in v3 Scripts and Scraps.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi

If you need more muscle than Access can provide, go to microsoft.com and search for MSDE download. It is a SQL Server desktop engine that can be installed and distributed (check the distribution license). I have seen it handle some pretty intense databases.

Hi

SQLite may also be a good option. Very small, portable and you'll find a UDF in AutoIt.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

hey which one is better and easy to install sql server 2005 or sql server 2000 i have currently sql server 2005 beta version cd

but have read some where sql 2000 restricted to 2 gb records only sql 2005 restricted to 4 gb records is that ture if yes then it mean we can only reterive 2 gb or 4 gb data in application

hey which one is better and easy to install sql server 2005 or sql server 2000 i have currently sql server 2005 beta version cd

but have read some where sql 2000 restricted to 2 gb records only sql 2005 restricted to 4 gb records is that ture if yes then it mean we can only reterive 2 gb or 4 gb data in application

The DB itself can be >4GB if that is what your after. Or do you have a single record biger than 4GB?

As far as I know SQL server has no such limits per table or database (per record?????). MSDE 2000 supposedly has a 2 GB limit per database, but I've never had a problem. The 2005 version of MSDE has higher limits than 2000. Of course ther are logical limits to everything depending on your memory, processor, and disk space. If you are building 4GB applications, then you need the full SQL server for its additional capabilities anyway. The nice thing about the MS Desktop Engines is they upgrade easily to the full serve version, so you can develop your application without the cash outlay to determine if it will work for you.

I don't know what limits (if any) MySQL has, but if you are not going to use the full SQL Server (a somewhat pricy venture), you may want to explore this option

Do you intend to run this accounting software in a server environment? As in one db server with many autoit acounting software clients conected to it. Or do you think you will be runing the db software and the accounting software on the same machine?

hi

not in server enviroment i want to make standalone accounting software that manage huge accounts like microsoft excel. all data save in folder no matter how large in size. like too many files of excel in folder . i hope u get my concept

i already implement this concept with ms access using vb but now concept is change i want to try somthing much better like SQL

and tell me to configure sql 2005 beta 2 i had install only sql 2005 database engine in option . now what to do next any help will be appreiciated

hi

not in server enviroment i want to make standalone accounting software that manage huge accounts like microsoft excel. all data save in folder no matter how large in size. like too many files of excel in folder . i hope u get my concept

i already implement this concept with ms access using vb but now concept is change i want to try somthing much better like SQL

and tell me to configure sql 2005 beta 2 i had install only sql 2005 database engine in option . now what to do next any help will be appreiciated

Unfortunately I don't think I understand your consept. Or maybe I don't read what you write the same way you do (expect neither of us use our mother language :) )

Any how. From an academic perspective using ms sql server is fine, but I doubt it will be better than access.

A "big" db server software is not better because it is big. It's like those Poche vs Citroen 2CV races. The 2CV is the champ on mudy, sandy, turny roads.

From an application point of view you would be better off with somthing "simpler" than MS sql server. I belive you find quite a lot of information on sqlite in the forum.

I wish you the best of luck on your conquest :mellow: