Position Of X & Y Changes After Reboot

I wrote a few scripts using the mouse leftclick and rightclick procedures and recorded the X & Y positions from Auto Reveal. Everytime I reboot, the positions are changed. Is there a solution for this? Thanks.

I don't have the answer but will ask: you did recompile the script after changing/saving it?

Is the window position different?? Good Luck

• Moderators

What MouseCoordMode are you using?

Edit:

I didn't notice this was in the V2 forum, are you using V2 or V3?

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What MouseCoordMode are you using?

Edit:

I didn't notice this was in the V2 forum, are you using V2 or V3?

I am using V2. I am just running the scripts as scripts, not making executables. The X and Y coordinates seem to change after reboot or after a program install. The coordinates do not change by much....just enough to make the mouse click event miss the proper coordinate. Example: coordinate X=738 & Y=315 then becomes X=738 & Y=322. It seems to only affect the "Program Manager" screen (the main desktop screen - Window Title: "Program Manager). Thanks for any help.

I wrote a few scripts using the mouse leftclick and rightclick procedures and recorded the X & Y positions from Auto Reveal. Everytime I reboot, the positions are changed. Is there a solution for this? Thanks.

I remember something about making an internet explorer window staying maximized everytime I started it.

2 things come to mind...

a: make the window your preferred size and then hold the ctrl key down when closing the window or

b: drag the windows edges to your preferred size to keep the size the same.

??

I remember something about making an internet explorer window staying maximized everytime I started it.

2 things come to mind...

a: make the window your preferred size and then hold the ctrl key down when closing the window or

b: drag the windows edges to your preferred size to keep the size the same.

??

I have tried everything........ after a while, I run the script and the same coordinates work again. It's got me scratching my head.......

• Moderators

I don't know why your using a totally outdated version, but you may want to consider using AuoIt v3, after all it is updated more frequently, and a lot more options to boot.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I don't know why your using a totally outdated version, but you may want to consider using AuoIt v3, after all it is updated more frequently, and a lot more options to boot.

Tried v3....same thing....the display coordinates on the screen are changing, not the coordinates written in the script....the coordinates change slightly, then at some point change back to where the script finds them

I have tried everything........ after a while, I run the script and the same coordinates work again. It's got me scratching my head.......

One thing I just did today in fact with one of my scripts was to positon the window and size like this:

WinMove,Untitled - Notepad,,0,0,800,800

Then I can target the button i want to click no problem. Sure beats the hell out of having the script go

Send, {TAB 18} {ENTER}

Edited by jdumont

One thing I just did today in fact with one of my scripts was to positon the window and size like this:

WinMove,Untitled - Notepad,,0,0,800,800

Then I can target the button i want to click no problem. Sure beats the hell out of having the script go

Send, {TAB 18} {ENTER}

I think I've got it fixed. I switched to using v3 and using "CommandControl" and "CommandClick" instead of mouse clicks. I did notice that if I don't use "ControlFocus" in v3 the same problem does occur. I hope this is the solution. I will let you know. Meanwhile, thanks to all for all the helpful advice.