Smtp Mailer That Supports Html And Attachments.

Jos

@Jos Definitely not, the priorities for this project have been shifted and the email aspect is not in the focus right now, but I might get to work on it soon.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Developers

Different words ... same conclusion ....  but this time it wasn't just directly to you and meant more as a general statement as nobody using it and seen the request bothered to test/respond....  which is fine and it simply means that version won't make it to the first page. 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos I imagine there aren't many people who use SMTP directly from the application, so unless someone volunteers their time to test, it is going to take a while. Luckily I am still actively working on the project so I should be able to test soon.

I would've tested it separately but I don't want to use my Google account for testing, so need to wait for my client so I can use their servers.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

18 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

unless someone volunteers their time to test, it is going to take a while

Test what ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

5 hours ago, mLipok said:

Test what ?

I doubt if explicit forcing of UTF-8 will not break non english national characters

because I almost everywhere use Windows 1250 code page for my native Czech language,

UTF is more problematic in my experience.

Sorry I dont have time for testing of this latest (forced UTF-8) change these days ...

@mLipok The UTF-8 changes, currently the UDF has problems with non-Latin characters.

@Zedna UTF-8 should be less problematic compared to all other encodings because it is pretty much universally adopted and is backward compatible with ASCII, perhaps you are having problems because Windows 1250 is not compatible with it? :think:

On 12/30/2020 at 10:31 AM, Jos said:

Just add the 2 lines to the original UDF:

If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
        $objEmail.HTMLBodyPart.CharSet = "UTF-8"
    Else
        $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
        $objEmail.TextBodyPart.CharSet = "UTF-8"
    EndIf

Jos

It was discussed here in this topic, almost 6 years ago.

On 2/4/2015 at 11:37 AM, Allow2010 said:

currently i use

If $xusehtml Or StringInStr(StringStripWS($as_Body, 8), "<html>") Or StringInStr(StringStripWS($as_Body,8), "<!DOCTYPEhtml>") Then
            $objEmail.HTMLBodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable"
        Else
            $objEmail.TextBodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable"
        EndIf

and i added $xusehtml to the function definition so i can force html mode if needed, or it will be used if html is detected...

What about  "quoted-printable" ?
I think should be used , at least I use them all the time (6 years till now).

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Please also check this:

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Looks promising, but I have no idea what the result of all of this combined will be so will need confirmation that everything will remain working! 
As nobody have yet confirmed the previous UTF8 change proposal will keep working in all cases  and only seen opinions that it might fail, I am not doing anything for the moment until either a confirmation or issues are provided in a script form. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If $xusehtml Or StringInStr(StringStripWS($as_Body, 8), "<html>") Or StringInStr(StringStripWS($as_Body,8), "<!DOCTYPEhtml>") Then
            $objEmail.HTMLBodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable"
        Else
            $objEmail.TextBodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable"
        EndIf

I use this

$objEmail = ObjCreate ("CDO.Message")
$objEmail.BodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "8bit"
$objEmail.BodyPart.CharSet = "windows-1250"

As far as I know there is probably implicit 7bit ContentTransferEncoding which is OK for English chars (without diacritic chars).

So this way I force transfer_encoding 8bit + charset=windows-1250 for Czech language with diacritic chars (ěščřžýáíé)

I use this setting all the time (15 years intensively) without any problems.

EDIT:

If StringInStr($e_Text,"</html>",1) Then
    $objEmail.HTMLBody = $e_Text
Else
    $objEmail.Textbody = $e_Text
EndIf

This way I set text of email, typically to TexBody,

so I don't use: $objEmail.TextBodyPart.CharSet = "windows-1250"

but "more global": $objEmail.BodyPart.CharSet = "windows-1250"

and the same analogy to "Global/non Global" CharSet also with: ContentTransferEncoding

Edited by Zedna

4 hours ago, Jos said:

As nobody have yet confirmed the previous UTF8 change proposal will keep working in all cases  and only seen opinions that it might fail, I am not doing anything for the moment until either a confirmation or issues are provided in a script form.

as I said:

12 hours ago, mLipok said:

I use them all the time (6 years till now).

So I do not see any issue as so far.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

@Jos I finally got the chance to test your UTF-8 changes, and they worked perfectly! I am pretty satisfied with the result, I tested both the name and body with Unicode text :)

I do have one suggestion though, it will be better to rename the base64 encoding function to __INetSmtpMailCom_Base64Encode in order to avoid conflicts.

• 3 weeks later...

@Jos Thank you for keeping this UDF maintained and improved! I've been using it for over 10 years - with well over 100,000+ emails sent.

I like to confirm that on my side the UTF-8 changes work like a treat.

Are there any conceivable circumstances where UTF-8 handling should be disabled?

• Developers
19 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Are there any conceivable circumstances where UTF-8 handling should be disabled?

I would expect not but looking at all the posts here with all the different settings used with UTF & Codepages, I have no clue what so ever if there is one setting that solves all possibilities and have no idea how this all can be tested, so am not going to worry about it and leave things as they are until there is a safe conclusion we can make for changes. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

6 hours ago, Jos said:

...leave things as they are...

Maybe the OP can be updated to mention this experimental UTF-8 code?

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the last posts about UTF-8, there are three sections (or more?) that affect this very thing:

1 - Body (overall?):

$objEmail.BodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "8bit"
$objEmail.BodyPart.CharSet = "windows-1250"

2 - Body (by type):

Else
EndIf

3 - Sender name:

$s_FromName = "Jos ąćę" ; Name from who the email was sent.
$s_Fromname = "=?utf-8?B?" & _Base64Encode(BinaryToString(StringToBinary($s_FromName,4),1)) & '?='

Is anyone out there who knows about possible interactions? Or is it unproblematic to use all these settings at the same time - a lot helps a lot?

Regarding 1 and 2: Are these settings redundant? Or complementary?

I could not provoke any incompatibilities - maybe I just got lucky or tested wrong.

Somebody any clue?

Edited by supersonic

• 2 months later...

;
;##################################
; Include
#Include<file.au3>
; Variables
$SmtpServer = "smtp-mail.outlook.com"              ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED
$FromName = "AutoCaliBot"                      ; name from who the email was sent
$FromAddress = "ri------autocali@outlook.com" ; address from where the mail should come
$ToAddress = "au------collect@outlook.com"   ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED
$Subject = "Calibration Report"                   ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be
$Body = "Test"                              ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail
$AttachFiles = "01089.csv"                       ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed
$CcAddress = ""                           ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed
$BccAddress = ""     ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed
$Importance = "Normal"                  ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low"
$Username = "ri------autocali@outlook.com"                    ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$Password = "mypass"                  ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$IPPort = 587                            ; port used for sending the mail
$ssl = 0                                ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS
$tls = 0                                ; enables/disables TLS when required
;$IPPort=465                          ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail
;$ssl=1                               ; GMAILenables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

; Script
Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
$rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl, $tls)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & "  Description:" & $rc)
EndIf
;
; The UDF
Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0, $tls = 0)
    Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
    Local $i_Error = 0
    Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
    If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
    Else
    EndIf
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
        For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
;~          ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                SetError(1)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
    If Number($IPPort) = 0 then $IPPort = 25
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
    ;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    ; Set security params
    If $ssl Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
    If $tls Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendtls") = True
    ;Update settings
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    ; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High"
        Case "Normal"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal"
        Case "Low"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low"
    EndSwitch
    $objEmail.Fields.Update
    ; Sent the Message
    $objEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        SetError(2)
        Return $oMyRet[1]
    EndIf
    $objEmail=""
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom
;
;
; Com Error Handler
Func MyErrFunc()
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 😎
    $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
    $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3)
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & $HexNumber & "   ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & "   Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>

ScriptLine: 93   Description: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 451 5.7.3 STARTTLS is required to send mail [LO4P123CA0226.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]

Hi all, what am I doing wrong here? Please help ! Thanks for your time!

Edited by Jos
added codebox & removed exact emailaddress to avoid spam

• 1 year later...