Hiding Processes?

I would like to run a compiled AutoIt3 script and have the processes hidden from the task manager.

My ultimate goal is to prevent the end user from detecting this process and being able to shut it down. Currently, I have the main script run a 2nd "checker" script that tests every half second to see if the main process is still running. If not, the script is restarted. The main script also checks every half second to do the same for the checker script. If there was a command I could run through the command interperter (ie cmd.exe) to hide a process, that would be ideal. Otherwise I'll keep doing what I have set up, and attempt to mask the name of the processes to disguse them.

And no, for those weary about my question, this is not a virus of any kind. I am designing some sotware for my mom to use to keep my younger siblings off the computer when they shouldn't be on.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Although they already make programs that are great for this kind of thing, you can do it in autoit.

Basically you just set the permisions so that they cannot shut off your exe. In WinXP and Win2000 it is not that hard.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

how about just using user permissions, you can set what days and times they're allowed to logon. yer mom just needs to logoff when she's not using it (once more, this is only good for 2k, XP)

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

how about just using user permissions, you can set what days and times they're allowed to logon

I can't do that because my timer script has some advanced features including:
  • Ability to set a "total time" timer where they are allowed X minutes that day
    • a "total timer" can either rollover into the next day, or expire that day depending on options chosen by a timer administrator
  • Ability to deny login, even if there is time on the "total timer"
  • Ability to allow login, and not count the time spent on the "total timer"
Windows doesn't allow for this. Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

well, that's nifty, I'd like to see it when you're done... even if you can't figure out hiding the process... I'd like to be able to tell my daughter (all of 4) "yes, you can get on, but only for 30 minutes today" I just don't know anything about hiding processes and such...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)