Pasting Tool

Reaper HGN

Hi everyone. I am a new member and thought I would make my first post (for what its worth). This is one of my first scripts with AutoIt, so be gentle.

At work, we utilize Microsoft's Messenger and Communicator to be more effective during meetings. This works very well when communicating with other employees. However, when sending URLs, they fail. The company disables ALL URLs sent through the messenger/communicator server for virus reasons. To combat this, we often paste a URL as such: ttp://website. This, however, is slightly annoying due to the extra keying required. So I set out to make a tool that has the following requirements:

run in the system tray and monitor the clipboard.

modify ANY http:// to ttp:// when being pasted INTO a communicator or messenger window

modify ANY ttp:// to http:// when being pasted INTO any other window

This allows us to easily copy and paste URLs to and from our communicator/messenger window. The script is obviously not that complicated. However, it was a lot of fun to work on when learning AutoIt (which is awesome BTW). This script has a couple of things that were tricky to figure out as a newbie. First, it has both GUIGetMsg and TrayGetMsg loops in it. Not complicated, but not obvious in the beginning. It also has minimize/maximize application from systray wrapped up in it. I dug through a lot of examples before I figured it out. Again, not hard, but not obvious. Lastly, it has the hotkey map and more importantly, the hotkey unmap so you can actually use it for its original function.

Overall, these functions are very simple, I know. As a new scripter, though, they serve as small success stories that make me want to keep using AutoIt. Thank you for this very useful tool!

A couple of things about the script. I am including the au3, ico and exe files in the zip, so have fun. There are likely better ways to do this, so I am open in the interest of learning AutoIt better. I also want to mention that I am using the beta 114.

Thanks

pastefix.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...