Tooltips Within Games

I would like a way to notify a user of an event "nicely," and my users may be in a full screen game at the time. By nicely I mean the game should not minimize like it does when a MsgBox() call is made. I tried a ToolTip("message", 0, 0) command while in a full screen directX game (Diablo II), but it only appears for half a second before vanishing. Here is my test code:

Sleep(1000*10);gives me time to get into the full screen game to test
ToolTip("ToolTip Message", 0, 0)
Sleep(1000*10);assure that the tooltip has plenty of time to be viewed

edited to correct a minor mistake

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

The tooltip is forced on top already. Other people have used tooltips for this same purpose with no problems, so I guess Diablo is causing the tip to disappear by how it behaves.

Its more likely to do with painting the screen and stuff like that. Motherboard Monitor 5 has an on-screen display for displaying the temperature of the processor and stuff. I can get this display to appear in some games, but not in others. In some games it will flash for a second or appear in a different color than what it is supposed to.

I highly doubt Blizzard went to the trouble of detecting a tooltip on top of their game when there are so many more important hacks that are jacking into the memory space of the game.

That was the problem. It still flickers in other fullscreen games, but at least it stays viewable. Diablo II just doesn't play nice with tooltips. Thanks for your help.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Fantastic solution. Thank you!

Hey i play Diablo II too on the europe realm, and in the process of learning how to use AutoIt scripts. Interesting that you get a much higher refresh rate when you bring the map up (TAB)? Weird :/