Sapi Voice Recognition

Hello, is there any way to incorporate voice recognition into a script, and then run an appropriate function? I've already looked at the code from zerocool60544 and all those scripts failed at ObjCreate("SAPI...". Thanks in advance. I've got the sapi sdk 5.1 installed.

Hello, is there any way to incorporate voice recognition into a script, and then run an appropriate function? I've already looked at the code from zerocool60544 and all those scripts failed at ObjCreate("SAPI...". Thanks in advance. I've got the sapi sdk 5.1 installed.

You'll need the beta for that.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

You'll need the beta for that.

[/quo

are you trying to market a script or just need this for yourself? take a look at the Opera browser...it has voice recognition and works....G . R . E . A. T. Recognizes even my voice and runs my applications via autoit. I use a remote mike and send commands to autoit 50 feet away from my computer.

simple.

For speech recognition, I use a great freeware program called "Responding Heads" which you can get from SnapFiles. I create scripts using AutoIt and then use Responding Heads to recognize phrases and activate the scripts. I use these two programs in conjunction with the Maxthon browser and have been able to completely automate web surfing.

Neo101 at Maxthon has created a plugin called Linkclicker that when activated, places numbers before each link on the web page. I programmed Responding Heads to recognize calling out links which in turn activate small scripts that I programmed using AutoIt.

Here is the script I use for my "down" command when I need to scroll down a web page or PDF file.This script is created using the AutoIt program and called from the Responding Heads program when you say the word "down".

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2)

If WinActive("Maxthon") Then

For $i=1 to 7

Send("{DOWN}")

Sleep(100)

Next

EndIf

If WinActive("Foxit") Then

MouseMove(750,540,5)

MouseClickDrag("left",750,540,750,20,10)

EndIf

In Responding Heads , you create a new command called "down" as your "phrase".

Use the RH.Shellcommand to call the script that you create using the AutoIt program. The Responding Heads program responds to your voice command, finds and executes the script that you wrote to scroll your page down.

Here is what the script above does:

It checks if Maxthon browser is running.If yes ,it sends a DOWN ARROW key ,sleeps for 100 milliseconds, and repeats seven times . This gives a nice orderly scroll of the web page.

It checks if Foxit (my PDF reader) is running. If yes, it moves the mouse to a position in the top right of the screen ,clicks and holds the mouse to get the "hand" symbol on and drags the PDF page down about one page.

I can read PDFs that are hundreds of pages long without ever touching a mouse at all.

It takes only a couple of minutes to program a new command in Responding Heads and write the small script required in AutoIt.

By the way , the Responding Heads program has a scripting function like AutoIt which you can use for sending keystrokes,etc. but you really need to use AutoIt scripts for more functionality.

The greatest feature I use is programming web sites in by name; call a website and it loads in your browser faster than trying to find its link in your favorites folder.

Edited by sleek

slipperylobster: It's for personal use, though in a script that I wrote in autoit. I currently am using e-speaking to call my autoit script.

sleek, thanks. I'll have to check that out.

Everything aside. I'd still like to be able to incorporate sapi wihin my script.

• 3 weeks later...

Disregard my previous post about using Responding Heads as a speech recognition program. I found freeware program called VoiceFluxPro which is much better and has a good GUI that allows you to enter new commands in seconds.

It allows you to group commands for specific programs and has an accurate speech recogniton engine because it uses the Microsoft SAPI 5.1 SDK (68MB) which you need to download from Microsoft.

To call up websites, simply copy and paste the website addresses into the space provided when you use the "Run" command in VoiceFluxPro. To use AutoIt scripts, just point to the location where your scripts are stored (in exe format) using the "Browse" function.

I have a more detailed post over at the Maxthon forum as I use Maxthon as a browser but this should work with any browser.

See Post#12 here:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?showtopic=33152

Edited by sleek

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Here's a very very late reply :idea:

I've just created a SAPIListBox UDF that will allow an AutoIT script to respond to a spoken words / phrases from a predefined list of items. Click on this link to access the UDF. It uses the free Microsoft SAPI 5.1 SDK.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia