Blowfish File Encryption

• Moderators

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

check out my file encryption udf, its in my signature

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

check out my file encryption udf, its in my signature

Your EncryptOr is a very nice job. What type of encryption does the encrypt.com?

I think it would a great tool if you add some license free strong algorithm like, perhaps blowfish.

it uses IDEA encryption, did u see my udf below encrypt0r(uses the same encryption but you can implement in your own program

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

it uses IDEA encryption, did u see my udf below encrypt0r(uses the same encryption but you can implement in your own program

Yes, I tested it.

What makes bcrypt interesting is that it is license free and the inclusion of file compression and secure deletion.

IDEA - according Wikipedia:

The cipher is patented in a number of countries but is freely available for non-commercial use.

i am not selling my program so it isn't commercial use

i am not selling my program so it isn't commercial use

What I meant is that if I create an executable using this algorithm, and this is used in any commercial environment, end user has to be warned that he needs to acquire the corresponding license. So I prefer to start with license free software like blowfish and zlib.

[edit]

I tested the encryption of a 34.5 Mb access.mdb database w/default parameters on a P4 @2.4MHz

Encryption took roughly 5 secs. ending in a 9.6 Mb encrypted file.

De-encryption to original file took roughly 2 secs.

(Comparison: I compressed the original file w/Winzip9 w/default settings: 4 secs. - 9.7 Mb

decompression: 3 sec.)

[/edit]

Edited by archai2

Finally got this working in precarious condition.

As said in my first post I can't figure out the correct usage of STDIN/STDOUT

; TODO: (Pre-alpha working condition)

; Correct usage of STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR

; Add usage of -o command switch

; - Great for loading encrypted files to a variable without writing to disk (i.e. bank/credit card info)

... but this can only be done 'with a little help of my friends...' :)

-- You can find the script on my first post. --

Edited by archai2

Nope, I'm sorry. Just wasted to much time on this :)

But now it just occured to me that I think I have read that stdin and stdout is detached by @comspec or somthing like that.

So, if you realy want this I think you have to consult Mx63.dll, and posts by nfwu on the topic.

Returns whatever it gets from STDOUT.

If any error, returns "" and sets @error.

Func _BcryptToStdout($sFileList, $sPassPhrase, $iCompress = 0, $iOverwrite = 3)
    If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\bcrypt.exe") Or Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\zlib.dll") Then 
        SetError(1)
        Return ""
    ElseIf StringLen($sPassPhrase) < 8 Or StringLen($sPassPhrase) > 56 Then Return (-2)
        SetError(2)
        Return ""
    EndIf
    Local $sParams = ""
    If $iCompress <> 0 Then $sParams &= " -c"
    If IsNumber($iOverwrite) And $iOverwrite <> 3 Then $sParams &= " -s" & $iOverwrite
    Local $sCMD = @ComSpec & " /C " & '"' & @ScriptDir & "\bcrypt.exe" & '"' & $sParams & ' ' & $sFileList & ''
    Local $hPID = Run($sCMD, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 1 + 2 + 4)
    StdinWrite($hPID, $sPassPhrase & @CRLF & $sPassPhrase & @CRLF)
    Local $m_data = ""
    while @error = 0
        $m_data = $m_data & StdoutRead($hPID, -1)
    wend
    Return $m_data
EndFunc  ;==>_Bcrypt

#)

Returns whatever it gets from STDOUT.

If any error, returns "" and sets @error.

Local $hPID = Run($sCMD, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 1 + 2 + 4)
    StdinWrite($hPID, $sPassPhrase & @CRLF & $sPassPhrase & @CRLF)
    Local $m_data = ""
    while @error = 0
        $m_data = $m_data & StdoutRead($hPID, -1)
    wend
    Return $m_data

#)

Problem is there is nothing to be read on StdoutRead. I think bcrypt is "by design" not script friendly.

If it was this should work

bcrypt Test.txt < passphrase.txt

Where passphrase.txt is a two line file with the password in it.

Thank you @all of you who tried this out.

@nfwu Thank you for pointing me the solution to get the stream out. With your indications I rewrote the script.

Please note there is a limitation in size when streaming output.

-- Updated script for download in my first post --

Now I just have to figure out why it did not work with my setup :) I fear the night will be to short :mellow: