Possible To Make A Msn Bot?

Hi,

Is it possible to make a anwser bot ??

i used autoitspy and clicked on a open conversation, but i doesnt read the text in the window only the title.. so is there a way to make a anwser bot ??? :huh2:

or should i rtfm ?? :D

Edited by dazzyreil

• Administrators

Yeah, I briefly looked at automating messenger a while ago and found that you can't see the text :D

You may be able check for pixel changes in the text box (PixelChecksum in the current unstable version), which would let you know that a message has been sent to you. But you wouldn't be able to read the text...

maybe it depends on your version of messenger? I see the chat window text, down under Visible Window Text in autspy... and if the spy can see it, autoit can, and that means you can have your way with it... I just use Trillian...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Administrators

maybe it depends on your version of messenger?  I see the chat window text, down under Visible Window Text in autspy...  and if the spy can see it, autoit can, and that means you can have your way with it...  I just use Trillian...

I use trillian too, I'm sure the last time I looked at messenger it was invisible, but hey ho. :D

I use Gaim myself. I made a little chat bot to test the connection. It would basically send the time every 6 seconds.

The window pops up when someone sends you a tell, so you could have the window poping up trigger a responce quite easy, and if you close it after it would reset.

I have mine log everything, so quite easy to work with.

Not sure what the default chat programs have as far as options as I like to use one for all my chat handles.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

I use trillian too, I'm sure the last time I looked at messenger it was invisible, but hey ho. :D

yeah, trillian rocks, (though I can't see the text in those windows, I don't need to) and aern't there a bunch of MSN pugin apps that do this? I think there's one called... Messenger Plus I used to use it... give it a shot if you don't like trillian.

just got a cool idea... using a messenger or aim we could control our computer remotely through it...

I really liked that idea...huhm :huh2:

EDIT :

It should be possible.

A download-bot could be created like this :

Now, you can just start the script on a computer with MSN (for example at home)

Then you go to another computer (for example at work), call yourself :

"DLBOT FILE : http://www.hiddensoft.com/cgi-bin/getfile....it-v3.zip".

Then you send a message to the bot (so that the title will appear on the bot's computer),

and the bot back at home will magically download your desired file !

Sounds great doesn't it ? :)

Edited by Helge

Yea, I used a script to download a new sourceforge.net project, compile it, zip up the program, and upload it, though a chat program a month ago. The Autoit script was only looking for the OK from me.

I did it just for fun, but seeing that you can send files in many chat programs, the possiblilities are quite endless. A bit scarry as well though.

I can see how it'd be really handy for someone with a bunch of home automation, setup a msn account just to leave logged on at home, on certain IM's you could turn lights off and on, etcetera...

If your phone can send email, you can control your house right from your phone :huh2:

I have my computer call my phone when the server goes down. it is a bit wierd getting a msg from HAL. :D

if only work would spring for such features in our phones... and if only I could write all the scripts it would take to replace myself, and just im from my cell to my pc and have autoit parse everything out to action... I could work from anywhere!