Tile Match

Hi all,

I am automating a sign up and installation process. The problem is whn then AutoIT code moves through the various pages Win Wait Active doesnt seem to work. I tried it to match the title bar of the IE window, but the program just goes dud. Is there a way where one can match the text that is written on that particular webpage so a check can be made, ensuring that the correct page is loaded.

Many thanks,

badboy

IE.au3 (see my sig) would give you numerous choices of how to accomplish this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

IE.au3 (see my sig) would give you numerous choices of how to accomplish this.

Dale

sorry but thats a big list and am in short of time, can you be more specific? :"> All i need to know is how to instruct autoit to check if am on the correct page to send commands

#include <IE.au3>
$oie = _IEAttach("WINDOW TITLE")
Do
Sleep(100)
Until $oie.window.top.location = "http://www.somewebsite.com/apage.html"

That should work

---UNTESTED---

PS:

or use _IELoadWait in IE.au3

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

If you are new to AutoIT and would like to get the basics down quicker, check out this awesome new coaching tool...

And if you find it useful ...vote :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24117

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

If you are new to AutoIT and would like to get the basics down quicker, check out this awesome new coaching tool...

And if you find it useful ...vote :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24117

It is probably not a good idea to spam 8 posts within 2 minutes of each other... even if you perceive it to be for a good cause.

Also, I know that you said, "If you are new to AutoIT..." and most of the posts that you picked were from those relatively new to AutoIt, but not Britbadboy.

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Hi all,

I am automating a sign up and installation process. The problem is whn then AutoIT code moves through the various pages Win Wait Active doesnt seem to work. I tried it to match the title bar of the IE window, but the program just goes dud. Is there a way where one can match the text that is written on that particular webpage so a check can be made, ensuring that the correct page is loaded.

Many thanks,

badboy

Your request is too broad. Make your request a bit more specific and post some code of where you are up to and we might be able to help.