Window Info: Ignore Hidden Controls

Hi,

I have the following problem: I want to automate some tasks in the Nvidia control panel. But this seems to consist of several "layers" (like different tabs, just without tabs). All controls except those for the current layer are hidden, but they are all there on on top of the other. Because of this I can't get the info on the control I want to use. All I get are the hidden controls that are on top of it. Is there any way to get Window Info to just ignore those hidden controls and give me the infos on the one that is currently visible?

• Moderators

Damn... I saw the name and thought Kurt was back :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I gather you had a well known member called dev_null on this board? If this causes confusion, I can always change it. I wouldn't want to steal someone elses nic. But I use this one on a lot of other boards, too.

No worries... His nick is /dev/null - ... I just had to take a double take yesterday :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Welcome dev_null

Your change of nick should not be needed as kurt has slashes in his nick. I'm sure the members can notice this. Besides, /Dev/Null has possibly moved on to other interests as he has not logged on in months.

:)

Edit: Just as SmOke states above. :mellow:

Edited by MHz

Ok, I solved the problem with quite some guessing. The script you showed me did help a lot, but with hundreds of controls stuffed into one dialog it was hard work to find out which one was the one I needed. It would really be great if the window info tool could be set to ignore all hidden controls and instead go down the z-order until it finds a visible control.