Macro Works Fine On One Comp But Not The Next.

Guest gleaminx

Guest gleaminx

I'm running a macro on my main WinXP box. It has run flawlessly for months. Now, I'd like to use the same macro on another WinXP box. I've installed AutoIT v3 on the second box and compiled the macro. But it doesn't even act like it is working.

I've tried copying the macro directly from the other computer as well as copying the AutoIT directory to no avail.

Since the macro uses pixel detection I was wondering if it required DX or not. So in my last ditch effort I made sure the second box had the same version. I'm pretty stuck right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Just for future reference, call them scripts, not macros, since AutoIt actually contains something called a macro (All the things starting with @), calling them macro's is confusing.

Second, just saying "I have a problem, can you help me?" and not providing any sort of description of the problem or code is about as effective as not posting at all since none of us have shown any ability at mind reading.

It could be that since you use pixel detection, that the gamma on the one computer doesn't match the other. Take a known pixel, like the backround of an autoit msgbox, and compare it to the other computer.

Do they match?

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

or it could be that you have different resolutions, or different color schemes... why not post the code for the script and some more info about your two boxes. if it's a comiled exe, you don't need autoit installed to run it...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I think emmanuel is on the right track.

You can have problems if computers use different color depths. On Windows 2000, for example, the deault "gray" color is:

(212, 208, 200) RGB on true color (24-bit)

but is

(214,207,206) RGB on high color (16-bit)

You might be able to use the shade-variation parameter of PixelSearch to overcome such a problem (or maybe registry key that can tell you the current color depth).

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!