How Would I Go About...

(Topic) & making a script that takes an input and shows every variation of the input?

eg: bob, bob, bbo, obb

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

(Topic) & making a script that takes an input and shows every variation of the input?

eg: bob, bob, bbo, obb

;pcode

$text = inputbox()

$array = StringSplit($text)

;$array[0] = StringLen($text)

the rest is just math. Look up the formulas for "permutation"...

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Neither of those help me. I don't exactly know how to modify them to fit my needs.

Edited by Infinitex0

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

No, I've tried, these won't work for what I need.

@greenmachine,

Sounds like bait to me...

Please write it for me. Please. Please.

Well I'm not a fish. I don't bite.

Anyone with half a brain could see that all you have to do is do a GUICtrlRead on the input and store that as the var, and then permutate the var.

(That was a hint on how to go about solving the issue, in case you didn't catch that.)

Edited by greenmachine

I just looked at the wikipedia definition of permutate, and while it was very interesting I think that it would be even more interesting if anyone could explain WTH it means.

Does anyone know the simple formula for permutation?

How much more help can you possibly need? You have the damn functions sitting right in front of you, all you have to do is copy and paste the damn things into your script, plug in the correct string into the function, and run it. Try something for yourself, please.

I see the problem. I am scrammbling a name that has more than one of a certain letter. So it probably wont work using permutation.

So what is?

As fun as these one sentence posts are. Why don't you just cut to the chase and tell me what I'm doing wrong? :)

Edited by Infinitex0

No, because that would defeat the purpose. The point of this is that you need to do a little thinking for youself. You have all the materials you need. I've used them and know they can do what you need them to do, you just need to stop trying to get others to do your work and try something for yourself.

A moving speech but I have looked over both the scripts provided a few times and made changes to both as well as I can. I am obviously missing something and I'm am sure that you could help. I am sorry if this is really obvious, But I AM JUST NOT SEEING IT.

And to quote my favorite pig who probably stole this form someone else. "I'm not looking for a hand-out, just a hand"

Edited by Infinitex0

Quoting the PM entitled "Thank you":

"After you refused to help me beyond the point of what you had already done I decided to look at the script you posted and I figured out what I had to modify. THANK YOU!!!"

What did I tell you... look at the script, run it maybe once or twice, read through it, and you'll figure it out. That's why I didn't simply post the answer. It was better for you this way, even if it was not how you wanted it to happen.

I decided to look at the script you posted

That's a typo. I had already looked at the script quite a few times, and altered it just as many. In the end however I should have just ended with a thank you to your first post inthe topic and figured it out myself.

Thank you for helping me with a script and teaching me a lesson in life.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll for the rest of his life."

Edited by Infinitex0