Program Errors

Guest sdkamer

Guest sdkamer

Hello Everyone,

I have just started using AutoIt about a week ago and I LOVE IT! There is just one problem....I am trying to write this program that will log uses into our systems where I work, however, i have written this program about 4 different ways (using 1 GUI, using 2 GUI, using Listboxes, using Buttons) and the end result is the same, it works fine but after a few items are clicked or a list is browsed through a couple of times i get a "Program Error". This happens whether it be an .au3 file or an .exe file. Is this something that someone here knows about? Or is there something on our machines that may be causing memory violations? Thank you guys in advance for any help. Here is the Error window text below:

>>>>>>>>>>>>( Window Title )<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Program Error

( classname=NotifyDialog )

>>>>>>>>>>>( Mouse Position )<<<<<<<<<<<<

On Desktop: x: 484 y: 301

In Window: x: 331 y: 147

>>>>>>>>>>>>>( Pixel Color Under Mouse)<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dec: 13160660 Hex: 0xC8D0D4

>>>>>>>>>>>( Window Position )<<<<<<<<<<<

left: 153 top: 154 width: 384 height: 140

>>>>>>>>( Last Control Under Mouse )<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>( Status Bar Text )<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>( Visible Window Text )<<<<<<<<<

OK

AutoIt3.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

>>>>>>>>>>( Hidden Window Text )<<<<<<<<<

Cancel

You are the second person to mention errors of this nature.

However, for what its worth, I have a GUI that uses 2 listboxes and a combo-box and I've never experienced a crash.

Guest sdkamer

Well, the biggest problem is that it's not just with listboxes....i wrote one way using only buttons, and it still gave me the error. I wasn't for sure if anyone would have been able to help me or not because it sounds like a memory issue, however, I am posting a link to the code so anyone who is bored can check it out. Any kind of help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. This code is for the latest one I was working on (not fully functional yet but still gives errors) and it IS using listboxes and comboboxes. If you would like to see one of the others, just let me know. Thanks.

Springboard.au3

FYI - My coding probably isn't that great....lol

Edited by sdkamer

Guest sdkamer

Sorry for replying to this but i was checking to see if anyone else has had this problem yet or anyone had any ideas as to why it is happening....i've kinda ran into a wall on this one....lol. Oh yeah this is running on Windows 2000 SP 4 and i'm using AutoIt GUI-3.0.102.20. Thanks

Guest sdkamer

I've been testing for only a few minutes but it looks as though the new "unstable" release of AutoIt-Gui has fixed my issue!!!!! Many Thanks!!!!