Can't Run The Examples In The Help File.

• Moderators

I don't know really what's wrong, but any example I run in the help file, won't run. I see the text an all, but the button that's usually there is just a X now. What could be wrong? Thx

Well showing us the code your trying to run, may help a tad here :think:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

well this is the code in the help file for a random example:

<p><b>Example</b></p>
<p class="codebox">
<br>
<span><span class="S4">TCPStartup</span><span class="S8">()</span><br>
<br>
<span class="S4">msgbox</span><span class="S8">(</span><span class="S3">0</span><span class="S8">,</span><span class="S7">"IP???"</span><span class="S8">,</span><span class="S4">TCPNameToIP</span><span class="S8">(</span><span class="S7">"TheMachineNextToYOU"</span><span class="S8">))</span><br>
<span class="S0"></span></span><br>
<br><OBJECT id=hhctrl type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11" width=58 height=57>
<PARAM name="Command" value="ShortCut">
<PARAM name="Button" value="Text:Open this Script">
<PARAM name="Item1" value=",Examples\Helpfile\TCPNameToIP.au3,">
</OBJECT>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Anyone have any ideas?

• Moderators

This is what my example has in the help file:

TCPStartup()

msgbox(0,"IP???",TCPNameToIP("TheMachineNextToYOU"))

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

lol, no I went into the help file and grabbed that out. Thats the code for the submit button. I can read the rest perfectly. It's just that example (instead of being a button), is a X on my help page.

• Moderators

lol, no I went into the help file and grabbed that out. Thats the code for the submit button. I can read the rest perfectly. It's just that example (instead of being a button), is a X on my help page.

Ha!! my bad... I was really stumped on what ya'll were talking about... but thanks for clarifying. This cold medicine should have a warning to stay away from text conversations on the label!!

@CrewXp

same thing happened to me and i had to register a dll (help provided from this forum) i'll try to search for my old post and get back.

edit: found it quote jdeb

The HelpFile is using an OCX to show the button to open the script.

Try doing "regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx" from the command prompt with current dir c:\windows\system32.

Else you might want to check hhctrl.ocx.

Edited by pecloe

• Moderators

@CrewXp

same thing happened to me and i had to register a dll (help provided from this forum) i'll try to search for my old post and get back.

edit: found it quote jdeb

The HelpFile is using an OCX to show the button to open the script.

Try doing "regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx" from the command prompt with current dir c:\windows\system32.

Else you might want to check hhctrl.ocx.

Cool now I have the Open Script button back. Should this not be included in the next beta?

• Developers

Cool now I have the Open Script button back. Should this not be included in the next beta?

What should be included ? the regsrv32 command is normally not needed...

:think:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Maybe not normally, but if it is required on more than one computer I would consider it needed.

Edit: Wording

Maybe a FAQ, but the I don't think we should be doing the regsrv32 command to register the OCX when we are not distributing it.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

alright, it opens it now. Thanks.

haha.. but it opens a txt file now. Is that just a file association problem? How could I fix that? Thanks

Which example is a .txt file ?

What editor are you using ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

all examples open with notepad i mean.

That is correct since Notepad is associated with Edit by the AutoIt3 installer for the au3 file extension..

Try SciTE4AutoIt3 i you want to be able to run from the editor and lots more ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.