Script To Stop The Computer To Going Into Idle.

I'm sure there's an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out. I made a script where the mouse moves, but it went idle anyway. Is there another way to keep the computer running? The reason I need this is because I'm using wireless internet to play my Playstation 2 online, but when my computer goes idle I lose my wireless signal.

Thanks.

Edited by bucky002

I'm sure there's an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out. I made a script where the mouse moves, but it went idle anyway. Is there another way to keep the computer running? The reason I need this is because I'm using wireless internet to play my Playstation 2 online, but when my computer goes idle I lose my wireless signal.

Thanks.

Check your wireless settings and power settings for options that allow various components to shut down to conserve power. You may wish, in addition to your mousemove to refresh a web page, check your mail, ping a host, whatever if you need to mess w/ a remote process that is idling you.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Could you just go to Power Options in the Control Panel and choose/customize a power scheme?

You can even choose to always show the icon on the taskbar if you want to easily switch among power schemes.

Hope that helps

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

_rundos("shutdown -s")

You need #include <Process.au3> with _RunDos :think:

ShutDown(1)

But anyway, here's the code:

;If you press the END key, the AntiIdle stops
HotKeySet("{END}", "EndAntiIdle")

While 1
Run(@ComSpec & " /c @echo hello","", @SW_HIDE)
Sleep(600000)
WEnd
;Runs the check every 600000 seconds (10 minutes)

Func EndAntiIdle()
    Exit 0
EndFunc