Turning On Title Bar

Is there any way to turn on the title bar to a foriegn executable program? Our biometrics password authentication system looks at the title bar, but the application that we want to use it with does not show the title bar. I tried using WinSetTitle(), which worked by resetting the title to something other than the empty string, but this is still insufficent.

Thanks,

-John

Is there any way to turn on the title bar to a foriegn executable program? Our biometrics password authentication system looks at the title bar, but the application that we want to use it with does not show the title bar. I tried using WinSetTitle(), which worked by resetting the title to something other than the empty string, but this is still insufficent.

Thanks,

-John

I'm not sure you can add a title bar to a window that already exists... but I couldn't figure out a style for GuiCreate() that didn't create at least an empty title bar anyway, just to try it out! :(

This was my test script:

; Window with no title
#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GUICreate("", 300, 100, 50, 50, $DS_MODALFRAME)
GUISetState()
MsgBox(64, "Testing", "Click OK to add title.")
WinSetTitle("", "", "Ta Da!")
MsgBox(64, "Testing", "Click OK to exit.")

I try various styles and extended styles, but I always get at least an empty title bar. If we can figure out to make a GUI with no title bar, then maybe we can figure out how to add one later. :think:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Larry,

I will get back to you on Monday, when I have the fingerprint reader in front of me, so I can tell you what exactly is going on step-by-step. I am using the AutoIt Window Info program to glean information from the application. We are using Digital Persona simply because that is what our EHR vendor told us they support. I don't think they support any other biometric systems. We have not purchased the Digital Persona system yet as we are still in the evaluation phase. One thing that I don't like about them is that their system extends the AD schema, but maybe all biometric systems have to do this.

-John

Edited by jftuga