Suggestions For Bot...

PS !

Don't stay in whole day, but get some air !

The weather is fabulous !

ha...i have to i'm at school :D

But with the FTP you are saying i should make the bot download whatever files are in the FTP, the delete them after they are on my harddrive at home, that way i can check my FTP at a remote computer to make sure the bot received it, then with the RUN Command i programmed into the bot i can just run it.

-Brett

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is easier because :

• You don't have to set up a FTP-server on the script-machine

• You can just enter : "ftp.myfreewebspace.com" in your internet browser

• You can control the script-machine from anywhere, because no software is needed !
I've already used this way of controlling my computer at a LAN,

and it is a very simple way of doing it !

I can control it from anywhere and i don't need software. From my school I can open notepad.exe and type some AutoIt code. Then, I open IE and type ftp://user@my_IP/Run_Script into the address bar. Finally, I drag the file over.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Pekster : Sorry...then we're thinking of the same thing.. :D

Brett : I've haven't used too many webspace-providers, but I'm currently using www.home.no...

Might be a problem to set up configure an account if you don't got any Norwegian-skills..

I can gladly set up an account for you if you wan't me to..

Just PM me !

Edited by Helge

I can control it from anywhere and i don't need software.

well, really, you do need software, the FTP server on your home machine, which means open ports on your firewall and possible vulnerabilities in your security... heh, not that I haven't done that from time to time myself, but with Viruses being as crafty as they are nowadays, I don't even leave my gaming ports open all the time on my firewall at home, I just open them when I'm using them. I'd much rather leave the responsability of maintaining a secure FTP server with a ISP or hosting company of some sort, and just setup my home machine to leach the file when needed...

oh, and for only having it run something once? why not just write scripts to create a file when they run, and check for that file, if it's there, it doesn't run... or just add a line to a text file and check for that line, that'd also give you a log of what you've run remotely...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

well, really, you do need software, the FTP server on your home machine

Actually I was thinking the same thing, but when pekster said that he didn't I started to wonder..

Anyway, I'm still voting for the webspace-provider-way of doing it..

And for the "just-run-this-once"-security-system-thing on the bot, I've already

thought of a way of doing that...

well, really, you do need software, the FTP server on your home machine, which means open ports on your firewall and possible vulnerabilities in your security...  heh, not that I haven't done that from time to time myself, but with Viruses being as crafty as they are nowadays, I don't even leave my gaming ports open all the time on my firewall at home, I just open them when I'm using them.  I'd much rather leave the responsability of maintaining a secure FTP server with a ISP or hosting company of some sort, and just setup my home machine to leach the file when needed...

oh, and for only having it run something once?  why not just write scripts to create a file when they run, and check for that file, if it's there, it doesn't run...  or just add a line to a text file and check for that line, that'd also give you a log of what you've run remotely...

Won't Mcafee or Norton stop that?
-Brett

Yea, I use AIM, or AOLIM, or AIM/ICQ. Yea it is free. If you read some of the boards, you will find that AOL has frequent disconnects. If you are actively chatting it is usually fine, but if you leave it in the backround, you might find a few people ask you why you were ignoring thier tells.

If you don't rely on recieving every message, it is not a bad service. Personally MSN works a lot better, but there are also a few dozen other ones, Jabber, Yahoo, IRC, Novel groupwise, etc.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

check out Trillian or Gaim, or one of the multi-messengers.  You can set up autoit to reconnect you if you get disconnected. Also you can use one program for all the protocols.  :D

one note, I use Trillian Pro and it doesn't show message text in a autoit spy window.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)