Clearing Ie History

Have you tried making your script delete the contents of:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Local Settings\History\

?

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I'm by no means an expert.. but I would guess either:

FileDelete( path )

or

DirRemove ( path )

Also, when forming the path to the history file.. if you wanted to get the current users name, use @UserName .

FileDelete("C:\Documents and Settings\" & @UserName & "\Local Settings\History\*")

I have no idea if this method would work.. just seems logical to me.

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I'm by no means an expert.. but I would guess either:

FileDelete( path )

or

DirRemove ( path )

Also, when forming the path to the history file.. if you wanted to get the current users name, use @UserName .

FileDelete("C:\Documents and Settings\" & @UserName & "\Local Settings\History\*")

I have no idea if this method would work.. just seems logical to me.

Yea this might work. Does anyone have any feedback on it this morning?

maybe

Run('control inetcpl.cpl',"", @SW_HIDE)
WinWait('Internet Properties')
;WinSetState('Internet Properties', '', @SW_HIDE)

ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button6')

WinWait('Delete Cookies')
ControlClick('Delete Cookies', '', 'Button1')

If Not WinWaitActive('Internet Properties') Then WinActivate('Internet Properties')
ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button7')

WinWait('Delete Files')
ControlClick('Delete Files', '', 'Button2')

If Not WinWaitActive('Internet Properties') Then WinActivate('Internet Properties')
ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button10')

WinWait('Internet Options')
ControlClick('Internet Options', '', 'Button1')

ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button15')

8)

NEWHeader1.png

maybe

Run('control inetcpl.cpl',"", @SW_HIDE)

ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button6')

WinWait('Delete Cookies')
ControlClick('Delete Cookies', '', 'Button1')

ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button7')

WinWait('Delete Files')
ControlClick('Delete Files', '', 'Button2')

ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button10')

WinWait('Internet Options')
ControlClick('Internet Options', '', 'Button1')

ControlClick('Internet Properties', '', 'Button15')

8)

Thanks. To my understanding this will work visibly, meaning I could watch this take place. Is there a way to hit a hotkey and it would do this in the background (invisible)? So that, the users would not know this was taking place?

If you remove the ";" from this line

it might hide the window... but on my system, I had to pause just before that line or it would not work.

That means that a window will pop-up and will be present for a fraction of a second.

I've not seen another way in the forums.

You can do a "rmdir" at the DOS level for the history and temp folders, but index.dat will remain in both folders since they are locked (in use) files.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

If you remove the ";" from this line

it might hide the window... but on my system, I had to pause just before that line or it would not work.

That means that a window will pop-up and will be present for a fraction of a second.

I've not seen another way in the forums.

You can do a "rmdir" at the DOS level for the history and temp folders, but index.dat will remain in both folders since they are locked (in use) files.

I like the DOS level idea. What does index.dat contain? Would it be horrible to leave that file there?

I like the DOS level idea. What does index.dat contain? Would it be horrible to leave that file there?

I don't know. Never been that interested in them to find out. Google "index.dat" and you'll find several freeware viewers that claim to let you see inside.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

The Index.dat file within the upper level of the History folder is used to store 'Visited URL' names, date and time stamps. This is the data used by I.E. for its AutoComplete function and controlling the highlighting of imbedded links on the displayed Web pages.

Taken from: http://www.purgeie.com/indexdat.htm