Trouble Using Jacob In Netbeans...

smSpiff82

:think: i am using the netbeans IDE to code with java. i downloaded the java-COM bridge from sourceforge, but when i try to import the needed classes like so:

import com.jacob.com.*;

import com.jacob.activeX.*;

netbeans tells me they don't exist. can anyone tell me exactly where i need to put the files i got from sourceforge and how to get the jvm to recognize them? thanks.

~smSpiff82

"Toto, we're not in Kansas any more"...

You sure you're in the correct forum? This one discusses AutoItX, not Java.

if you had read the post you'd have noticed that i am trying to use autoItX with java, which requires a java-com bridge, which is what i am having trouble installing, and is what the question is about. so if absolutely no one here has used autoItX with java, then i am in the wrong forum, but it's a reasonable question, and i'm not the first here to ask about the java-autoItX protocol.

if you had read the post you'd have noticed that i am trying to use autoItX with java, which requires a java-com bridge, which is what i am having trouble installing, and is what the question is about. so if absolutely no one here has used autoItX with java, then i am in the wrong forum, but it's a reasonable question, and i'm not the first here to ask about the java-autoItX protocol.

Sorry, I missed that in your original post.

• 2 weeks later...

The jvm will regonize them if it is placed in the root of your project, or you put it into Java's main class .jar file.

I personally prefer the former, as the latter will only work on your own computer.

#)