Replace @cr With @crlf

Ok... so I am attempting to use the function _FileCountLines, but every time I would on my particular log file it would return "1" line. So, after opening the log file in notepad... I think the problem is the character used to indicate a new line in my file is just @CR and needs to be @CRLF. Because in notepad it is all on one line basically.

I was thinking I would need to use StringReplace but I dont want to alter the original log file. How could I have this output the modified text to a temp file?

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

might work for you.

#include <file.au3>
Dim $aRecords
If Not _FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir & "\readme.txt",$aRecords) Then
   MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array     error:" & @error)
   Exit
EndIf
MsgBox(0,'Line Count',$aRecords[0])

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

That was a clever idea.. however, it is still returning 1. I think the problem still lies in the @CR being used as the character to specify the end of a line vs the @CRLF character.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

That was a clever idea.. however, it is still returning 1. I think the problem still lies in the @CR being used as the character to specify the end of a line vs the @CRLF character.

hmmm, works for me in release and beta, and made sure I had a file that only had @cr,

might be a null character in the file your trying to get info from.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

You could try this:

$hFileOpen = FileOpen('FileLocationName', 0)
$hFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen , FileGetSize($hFileOpen))
$aSplit = StringSplit($hFileRead, @LF)
FileClose($hFileOpen)

MsgBox(0, 'Total Lines', 'The Total Lines were: ' & Ubound($aSplit) - 1)
And relplace @LF with @CR / @CRLF until you find the right combination I guess.

Edit: I didn't have the total lines in there.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Attached is the file I am attemping to find the line number of.

LogFile.txt

$file = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\LogFile.txt ")
$file = StringSplit($file,@CR,1)
Msgbox(0,"Line Count", $file[0])
;For $x = 1 to $file[0]
;   Msgbox(0,'Record:' & $x, $file[$x])
;Next

Edit: forgot, my code uses the beta

Edited by gafrost

• Moderators

This worked too:

#include <file.au3>
$Location = @DesktopDir & '\Au3Test.txt'
Local $aSplit = ''
_FileReadToArray($Location, $aSplit)

MsgBox(0, '', UBound($aSplit) - 1)
442 lines...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

They both work beautifully.. thanks for the solutions!