Please Help

I am trying to automate flie transfer between a folder in my C: drive and a webfolder on by desktop. Can I do this with Autoit? I am a physician and I download voice dictation files to my computer from Olypus digital voice recorders at the end of a working day. Then I have to drag and drop the file to a webfolder for transcription. I was looking for a solution that is going to automate this process. Is it possible to do with the Autoit?

If yes where should I go to find out how to do it? I am an advanced PC user but by no means a application developer. :D

I was able to use the file copy function to copy the desired file between two folders in my c drive. but i am not able to copy to the destination web folder. following is the script that i am running. do you have any idea what is the problem I am running into?

FileCopy("C:\my documents\message\FolderA\*.dss", "https://webdav.ibackup.com/users/fmc04/Files")

if you can access the same folder through FTP I'd suggest doing it through a ftp command, with

runwait(@comspec & ' /c ftp c:\somefiles\*.* ftp://server.com/target')

or something like that... maybe with an answer file that has the user and password...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I do a very similar thing. Although it is better to use an ftp client, you can use explorer to do the same thing. First open both windows (c:\temp and https://webdav.ibackup.com/users/fmc04/Files.)

Now they each have names on thier windows, so you can activate them, and send keys to them. If possible, use controlsend. On windows explorer it is typically Internet Explorer_Server1 for the web section, and Edit1 for the location.

Send the first 5 or so characters of the filename, it will highlight the name, and then send control+c to copy, and winactivate the web side, and send a control+V for paste, or sometimes type a few characters of one of those filenames to make sure you get focus, and then do it.

Basically you should be able to do it with keystrokes, once you figure that out, writing a script will be a lot easier.

Again I would suggest using an ftp if possible.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

well i think i did as you suggested but nothing happened. Following is the code generated by the AutoSpy when I used the keys to do as you suggested:

WinWait("FolderB","")

If Not WinActive("FolderB","") Then WinActivate("FolderB","")

WinWaitActive("FolderB","")

Send("{CTRLDOWN}a{CTRLUP}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}{ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Files on webdav.ibackup.com","")

If Not WinActive("Files on webdav.ibackup.com","") Then WinActivate("Files on webdav.ibackup.com","")

WinWaitActive("Files on webdav.ibackup.com","")

Send("{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}")

I had opened both the windows as suggested and then started the AutoSpy to capture the keys to create the script.

yes, use winclose("window name")

oh, and you can simplify this line

Send("{CTRLDOWN}a{CTRLUP}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}{ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}")

Send("^a^c")

and same later on:

Send("^v")

you can try this to open your stuff:

run('C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE "https://webdav.ibackup.com/users/fmc04/Files"')
Run('explorer "c:\FolderB"'); change to your folder.

Winclose tries to close it the normal way, winkill is a bit more harsh. Using winkill all the time can leave you with some tray icon display refresh problems.

Of course that was most likely a joke. :D

• Developers

No man! winclose is for kids!

use winkill, the mans way to close a window.  :huh2:

Yea right why push the Power button of your PC when you have sledge hammer.. :D Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yea right why push the Power button of your PC when you have sledge hammer..  :D

what do you mean power button? I just pull the cord out of the back whenever I need to turn this thing off.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)