Lan Chat Software For Rollout Commands

I am trying to find a software that will allow computers on a network to chat so that I can send commands via this window to all the computers and have autoit pick up the command, stringsplit it and act accordingly. Any good chat programs for lan?

more of an example, and grabbing the text from it:

run(@comspec &" /c net send "& @ComputerName &" Hello I am a chat message","",@SW_HIDE)

WinWait("Messenger Service","Message from")
$x=ControlGetText ("Messenger Service","Message from","Static1") 
winclose("Messenger Service","Message from")
MsgBox(1,"",$x)

edit.. sends it only to yourself in this example.

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

If you are behind a router, you have a 192.168.1.1 or internal IP.

That means no one can see you from the internet. You are not totally protected, but you would basically use NAT to get out.

Most LANs do not have Public IP addresses. DSL, Cable, and Dialup usually use dynamic IP, if you have a router, you are 99% going to be on an internal IP using NAT(Natural Address Translation.)

Yea, actually I shouldn't say 99%. I should have said look at your IP, if it starts with 192.168.xxx.xxx then you are not on a pubic IP.

If you have a public IP, make sure you have a good firewall up and patch frequently. That nasty little random IP virus is playing havoc with open systems on the internet.

Too funny, I did a stinger rollout last week for an email virus I thought we might have, turns out only one on the LAN did...whew...

Basically I just have all my computers run a default AutoIt compiled script at log on, so I just change that file and bam next morning it is done.

They also run the same file in thier schedule at midnight just in case.

I can always psexec.exe if something is critical. :D

...edit check out the sasser fixes. It was designed to bypass XP firewall. They did an emergency fix on it though.

W32.Sasser.E.Worm can run on, but not infect, Windows 95/98/Me computers. Although these operating systems cannot be infected, they can still be used to infect vulnerable computers.

Variants:  W32.Sasser.Worm

Type:  Worm

Infection Length:  15,872 bytes

Systems Affected:  Windows 2000, Windows XP

Systems Not Affected:  DOS, Linux, Macintosh, Microsoft IIS, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003

Edited by scriptkitty