Please Help Me (script Ready)

Hey guys. I am "VERY" new to this "autoit" program and it sounds like quite the neat thing. Ive looked at forums and such but i tried and i failed. Anyways i wanted to know if someone could make a autoit script with the code i got and send it to my email (craigtrento@hotmail.com), or help me out on this one. thanks.

Global $Paused

HotKeySet("{END}", "TogglePause")

HotKeySet("{HOME}", "Terminate")

While 1

Sleep(100)

WEnd

Func TogglePause()

$Paused = NOT $Paused

While $Paused

sleep(100)

MouseClick("Left")

WEnd

EndFunc

Func Terminate()

Exit 0

EndFunc

Edited by Suburban Turban

hi there

what is the problem with the script ? all i can say is you could simplify it further:

Global $Paused

While 1
If $Paused Then MouseClick("Left")
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
$Paused = NOT $Paused
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
Exit 0
EndFunc
:think:

Sounds like a problem I used to have.

Global $Paused, $p2 = 0

While 1
If $Paused Then MouseClick("Left")
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
If $p2 = 1 Then Return
$p2 = 1
$Paused = NOT $Paused
Sleep(3000)
$p2 = 0
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
Exit 0
EndFunc

Try that!

#)

Hmm.. .ok so how would i make that actually run? Like will i need to download anything to actually be able to put that code to some use, because i tried to make it then i clicked on the final ".au3" file and nothing appeared but a little icont on the bottem right corner of my screen. This is extremely confusing. Also I did click on edit script and all it does is just sit there flashign on and off with a red x through it.

Assuming this script is present on your system as an .AU3 file (and you have AutoIt installed :think: ) you could:

• Run AutoIt3.exe, then open the script from within AutoIt3.exe
  • Drag the script onto the AutoIt3.exe application
  • Compile the script into an executable (EXE) using Aut2Exe.exe (in the Aut2Exe folder of the installation)
Is that what you meant? If you got an icon in the taskbar, then the script was running. You haven't got a Graphical Interface in your script, so you won't see anything beyond the icon in the taskbar. HTH Edited by plastix

ok.... the sole purpose of this script is so that when im running diablo 2, i dont have to keep clicking and this thing clicks in the same place for me... now when i run the script, it just sits there and doesnt do anything :think:

is this code not correct or something? because i press the "end" key and nothing happends... its a dead script. I have no idea how to make it into something useful. And the most useful thing right now would to give me step-by-step instructions on how to actually make this script work. And im sorry for acting like a dick right now i do appreciate all the help i can get. Thanx in advanced.

You need to have AutoIt installed (at least the exe). I also suggest getting the beta version if you don't have it already, because it has a ton of new and useful features. In addition, I reccommend Scite (a code editor) to edit and run scripts.

Beta: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

Scite: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

To run beta and production scripts from inside Scite, use Alt+F5. To run normal scripts (production only) from inside Scite, use F5. To run a script outside scite, drag the .au3 file on to AutoIt3.exe or use AutoIt3.exe to select the .au3 file to run.

Use the helpfile for the majority of your questions - it does a good job.

Valuater made a nice tutorial program: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

LxP made a tutorial as well: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19434

Edited by greenmachine

^ Wow man. You have no clue how much I appreciate your help. I'm actually on my mom's laptop because my brother is typing up his resume on my main computer with autoit so i will get back to you soon about the scite program. So i just run that program and open the .au3 script and press alt+f5? Ill try that. And can someone explain how this script would work using your knowledge of scripting, seeing as how i retrieved it from a different website. Thanks again guys.

Use the latest one in my post ( #11 ). Run it, and wait around until you need it to click. Then, press END. It will click repeatedly (and quite often) until you press END again to pause it, or HOME to exit the script.

You are such a good guy. Thanks again man. Lol just thinking about how complicated scripting is it makes my brain hurt. How long would it take a 14-year-old to figure out the language well enough to actually make a program?

It shouldn't take that long. There are several members here that are 14 or younger, and they seem to get along just fine. All you have to do is come up with an idea you want to pursue, and use the helpfile to find the correct tools for the situation.

It also really helps to be good with logic.

Oh yes, i aggree with you no doubt it has to do with logic. Can you explain some of the things you can do with this program? I was hoping just a simple click script to start like the one i posted. Is there somewhere i should start with making scripts then like steps i should take to improve my skills? Might I add that i havent had any experience with computer languages except for the basic "HTML" Commands.

Well, I'm not sure what this program can do. I don't know its limits. I'm sure it is very useful. Mabye like while I'm playing a game I can press a hotkey and it will downsize the program and mabye find a way to hide the icon on the taskbar? Any suggestions or first steps to accomplish this? I guess this would be very similar to the "boss Protection" feature on MSN Messenger Plus".