Is There Going To Be A Help File For The Ie.au3

Topic

I love the udf but I just don't understand so many things about it. If there was a help file there would be less basic question. some of the commands don't have properly detailed parameters and some I haven't even heard of.

Is there any talk about this, and if so will it be in added to the beta help file???

Thanks

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Sigh... yes that's the plan and the work has begun - but I can't promise a timeline.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Sigh... yes that's the plan and the work has begun - but I can't promise a timeline.

Dale

Go Dale! We wait with bated Gorilla breath!

:think:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

I've been working on it also, this is what I have so far.

Updated 23-APR-06

Function Documentation v1.0

The new IE UDFs pending Dale's approval

Removed by request.

An example for _IEGetProperty that Dale and myself made.

Edit:Added version number (look in the window title)

Edited by big_daddy

Fabulous! What a great start.

If you're willing to keep going, let's figure out how to collaborate on it so that I can add usage notes and more examples. Also, are you using the default template for UDF libraries? I have that from JdeB.

Just one request so far, if you could please change your default IE object variable from $o_IE to $oIE so that it is consistent with all of the examples I have posted for the UDF to date. As a convention I've used $oIE, $oFrame, $oForm, $oTable etc. The $o_ is part of the coding convention for UDF's.

Thanks much...

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Moderators

If you're willing to keep going, let's figure out how to collaborate on it so that I can add usage notes and more examples.

I would definitely be willing to finish them up. I'll PM you my email so we can further discuss the additions.

Also, are you using the default template for UDF libraries? I have that from JdeB.

Actually I just downloaded a freeware program called HelpNDoc and tried to make them as close to the others as possible. The default templates would help out a lot. Also what program do they use to create/edit them?

Just one request so far, if you could please change your default IE object variable from $o_IE to $oIE so that it is consistent with all of the examples I have posted for the UDF to date. As a convention I've used $oIE, $oFrame, $oForm, $oTable etc. The $o_ is part of the coding convention for UDF's.

Done!

Edit: Updated my first post.

Edited by big_daddy

Great Job Guys, Thanks, can't wait till it's all done

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

I would definitely be willing to finish them up. I'll PM you my email so we can further discuss the additions.

Actually I just downloaded a freeware program called HelpNDoc and tried to make them as close to the others as possible. The default templates would help out a lot. Also what program do they use to create/edit them?

Done!

Edit: Updated my first post.

The guidelines for UDF files and helpfiles are all here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...F_Standards.htm (there is a link in the first post of the pinned UDF topic at the top of the Scripts and Scraps forum). I don't know anything else about the helpfile creation process other than what is listed there.

Dale

• Developers

The guidelines for UDF files and helpfiles are all here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...F_Standards.htm (there is a link in the first post of the pinned UDF topic at the top of the Scripts and Scraps forum). I don't know anything else about the helpfile creation process other than what is listed there.

Dale

The Autoit3 helpfile creation is fully automated with several scripts. They take the function.txt files as the source to build the HTML files in a standard way. The example.au3 files are also converted to HTML and the lot is merged together into the final HTML page for each function. Then Index and TOC are updated with all available Functions and the CHM is created with the standard microsoft software "HTML Help Workshop".

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

I just wanted to give an update on the progress. JdeB, Dale, and myself are working together to get these finished. I almost have all the help file documentation ready to be compiled and reviewed by Dale. I believe Dale is working on some additional notes and examples that will be added. I'm hoping to have everything finished by the end of the week.

I just wanted to give an update on the progress. JdeB, Dale, and myself are working together to get these finished. I almost have all the help file documentation ready to be compiled and reviewed by Dale. I believe Dale is working on some additional notes and examples that will be added. I'm hoping to have everything finished by the end of the week.

Excellent! :think:

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

• Moderators

I think I've finally gotten all the documentation finished! I sent another update to JdeB today, so when he gets those added and compiled I'll have Dale look them over to make sure everythings good. From there all we are waiting on is some examples and any additions Dale wants to make.

I'm updating my first post again with the latest. I'm also including the new IE2.au3 which is pending Dales approval, and an example that Dale and myself made for _IEGetProperty.

Edited by big_daddy

I've asked big_daddy to remove the IE2.au3 file in his earlier post. It includes some small enhancements and it syncs with his helpfile, but I am concerned about getting multiple code sources and getting out of sync.

I am readying another release that will be out later this week that includes some more significant enhancements as well as some contributions from Larry and Valik.

So, make good use of the helpfile, but please don't bother with the IE2 file at this time.

thanks,

Dale

Edit: fixed typos

Edited by DaleHohm