Weird Msgbox() Behavior In Win2k

I just updated two machines to Beta 118. The XP machine is still normal. The Win2K box (don't really know if the OS has anything at all to do with it) closes MsgBox's immediately, even with a simple one line script:

MsgBox(16, "Test", "Test", 20)

It pops up the message box, beeps, and closes before you can read it. Happens the same if I run it Prod (F5), and if I run it Beta (Alt-F5), but works fine if compiled! :(

Anyone else seen this? :think:

P.S. Updated to latest SciTE for AutoIT at the same time... maybe related???

P.P.S. This is what the SciTE console look like when I run the above one line script:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Test\Test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams  
>Running AU3Check (1.54.1.1)  params:  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
+>AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.1.1.118):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "D:\Test\Test.au3"   
+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.769
Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

I just updated two machines to Beta 118. The XP machine is still normal. The Win2K box (don't really know if the OS has anything at all to do with it) closes MsgBox's immediately, even with a simple one line script:

MsgBox(16, "Test", "Test", 20)

It pops up the message box, beeps, and closes before you can read it. Happens the same if I run it Prod (F5), and if I run it Beta (Alt-F5), but works fine if compiled! :(

Anyone else seen this? :think:

P.S. Updated to latest SciTE for AutoIT at the same time... maybe related???

Correct... see this post..

Just download and install the current available version, which fixes the issue.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Correct... see this post..

Just download and install the current available version, which fixes the issue.

Ahh, so! Update to SciTE, not AutoIT! I missed that and reinstalled AutoIT to no avail. Got the SciTE version dated 13Apr06 now, and it works fine.

Thanks.

:think:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

Ahh, so! Update to SciTE, not AutoIT! I missed that and reinstalled AutoIT to no avail. Got the SciTE version dated 13Apr06 now, and it works fine.

Thanks.

:think:

Only understood a few hours ago that there was an issue with AutoIt3Wrapper and the Run (F5) function under win2k. Just posted a notification for the update...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)