Need Help With Send

Hi,

I'm new to auto-it. I'm trying to write a simple script that will read lines of text from a txt file and send it to the active window. Problem is that the Active Window will not accept Send("string"), BUT it will accept Send({Asc 065}). Why is this the case?

As a workaround I've tried breaking the string into an Array of chars, with the intention of sending the text to the Active Window one Ascii code at a time using {Asc xxx}, but Asc() does not return the Ascii value with a leading zero as required by {Asc xxx}. So my workaround was foiled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums..

is the active window internet.. or.. "on-line"?

8)

Yes, the Active Window is online. Its not a browser or a game though... just a connected application window which when Active will accept manual keystrokes. I've tried using Send in raw mode but it did not solve the problem.

you need to be more specific, posting the script would help a lot

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

as i understand this is an actual "exe" that connects to the internet..

if so, are you trying to send info to the program itself or... maybe a window within the exe that is an html type of page?

8)

Yes, I guess I am trying to send info to the program itself. I am just trying to understand why the Active Window will not accept input from a command like Send("test") but if I use Send("{Asc 065}") it will accept the letter A. What is the difference? Isn't the string sent to the Active Window in ascii anyways?

I was also able to get the window in question to acknowledge Send("{UP}") and Send ("{DEL}")

Obviously not all Windows behave the same and so I'm just trying to understand how my particular Window will accept information from Send.

what about trying to send it in raw mode or sth like this?

EDIT:

or can u plz put the script here

it was in the first post in this thread ^^

mybe first reading the whole thread would help, so that you daon't have to do the same again...

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]